FSU 68 Duke 67

sportsfan1977

For my money, this is not just one rebuilding year out of 10. Theyve been bad for the past 3 years, and they will be bad for the next 3.

They went to the final four 3 seasons ago (nice assessment of skill, if you ask me :thumb)...they had UConn on the ropes and choked...They were good both of the last two seasons...being ranked #1 at some point in time, winning the ACC both of those years....(again, another way to measure skill)...keep'em coming.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke does not have the heart of normal Duke teams.
I think it is there now...I think they slept through some games early...they have leadership now.

They do not have that one player who will win because he can't stand to lose.
This can be looked at two different ways...they certainly don't have that player that can will them wins i.e.....Laettner, Hill, Brand, Williams (Jason)..or Redick....but their three leaders do fight with every fiber now...

Paulus is not J.J.

Hopefully Scheyer can end up close..

I think it is there now...I think they slept through some games early...they have leadership now.

This can be looked at two different ways...they certainly don't have that player that can will them wins i.e.....Laettner, Hill, Brand, Williams (Jason)..or Redick....but their three leaders do fight with every fiber now...

Hopefully Scheyer can end up close..

Very doubtful..

I'm with you RP, I like your support for the Blue Devils. They are 5 points away from being 21-2(not to bad on a down year huh?). Scheyer... he does resemble J.J. alot... but if he can just work on getting his shot off quicker then he could be REALLY good. I think Singler is going to be special next year... you haters better get at Duke soon because I don't think you will have that chance for along time after this season.

^ Scheyer is scared right now...that's one thing JJ wasn't from the minute he tied his shoe laces...he would pull from anywhere, Krzyzewski said Scheyer has that unlimited range...now he needs to get some nerve.

I dont believe Scheyer is nearly as strong as Redick was. He has a long ways to go in that department.

You can compare Paulus to Bobby Hurley, McRoberts to Laettner, Henderson to Hill, Scheyer to JJ all you want, they simply arent that calibur of players.