Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SEC First Round

SEC First Round 8 members have voted

  1. 1. How many games will they win?

    • 0-3
      0%
      0
    • 4
      0%
      0
    • 5
      0%
      0
    • 6
      0%
      0
    • 7
      25%
    • 8
      37%
    • 9
      25%
    • 10
      0%
      0
    • 11
      12%
    • 12
      0%
      0
    • 13
      0%
      0
    • 14 Sweep!!!
      0%
      0

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 03/20/2025 at 04:01 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

A lot of shade being thrown at the SEC across the country. A strong case in most years could be made that no way 88% of a conference is good enough to all get a bid.

I've seen the SEC flame out on the first weekend more times than I can count.

I read a couple of tweets where several were predicting the SEC to go 5-9 or 4-10 in the first round.

So how many first round games do you think conference teams win?

Florida vs Norfolk St.

Oklahoma vs UConn

Missouri vs Drake

Arkansas vs Kansas

Georgia vs Gonzaga 

Texas vs Xavier play-in game

Kentucky vs Troy

Tennessee vs Wofford

Auburn vs #16 play-in team

Texas A&M vs Yale

Ole Miss vs San Diego St/UNC

Mississippi St vs Baylor

Vanderbilt vs Saint Mary's

Alabama vs Robert Morris

 

I think they all can win. I also think there are eight teams that could lose and I wouldn't call it an upset. No reason for Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Auburn, Texas A&M, or Alabama to lose, although upsets certainly can happen.

  • Author

SEC 0-1 after 11 Texas loss to 11 Xavier.

On 3/17/2025 at 1:31 PM, Randy Parker said:

I've got 8.

I'll go with 8 as well. 

I had Xavier beating Texas. The other ones standing out to me are Texas A&M vs Yale and Missouri vs Drake. Yale and Drake winning those games wouldn’t surprise me. My more questionable/uncertain games are Arkansas vs Kansas and Oklahoma vs UConn. It wouldn’t surprise me if anyone wins in these two.

1 minute ago, hrcarrier said:

I had Xavier beating Texas. The other ones standing out to me are Texas A&M vs Yale and Missouri vs Drake. Yale and Drake winning those games wouldn’t surprise me. My more questionable/uncertain games are Arkansas vs Kansas and Oklahoma vs UConn. It wouldn’t surprise me if anyone wins in these two.

I think Arkansas beats Kansas and UConn beats OU. 

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I think Arkansas beats Kansas and UConn beats OU. 

I’ve been more on the fence with Arkansas/Kansas, I’m slightly leaning towards UConn.

I am really leaning  towards 9 although I honestly felt Texas would get the win over Xavier.  How much longer does the coach at Texas have at this point?

Oklahoma I am leaning towards.

I think Arkansas has a really good shot at Kansas.

I am putting A & M, Ole Miss and Vandy as in serious trouble.

2 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

I am really leaning  towards 9 although I honestly felt Texas would get the win over Xavier.  How much longer does the coach at Texas have at this point?

Oklahoma I am leaning towards.

I think Arkansas has a really good shot at Kansas.

I am putting A & M, Ole Miss and Vandy as in serious trouble.

Not long. He is reportedly being fired.

Arkansas I would like, but Thiero is unavailable.

1 minute ago, bugatti said:

Not long. He is reportedly being fired.

Arkansas I would like, but Thiero is unavailable.

That is not good for Arkansas although since he has been out Jonas Aidoo looks more like the guy that transferred from Tennessee.  My concern though is if Boogie Fland can play does that hurt them and their chemistry.

11 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

I am really leaning  towards 9 although I honestly felt Texas would get the win over Xavier.  How much longer does the coach at Texas have at this point?

Oklahoma I am leaning towards.

I think Arkansas has a really good shot at Kansas.

I am putting A & M, Ole Miss and Vandy as in serious trouble.

If the coach of Texas is back next season I’d be surprised.

  • Author

With Texas loss I'll add that I think Oklahoma, Arkansas, Vandy, Georgia and possibly Miss St and Missouri lose.

Florida, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Auburn, Texas A&M, & Alabama.  Then one of the others. I had Texas, Oklahoma, & Georgia for sure losing.  So Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Vandy, or Arkansas.  Probably Ole Miss.

1 hour ago, hrcarrier said:

If the coach of Texas is back next season I’d be surprised.

Didn't they just extend him last year?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.