Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fasting

Featured Replies

9 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I found myself randomly thinking about food a lot

Story of my life, my man. 

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Story of my life, my man. 

Sometimes when I fast I watch food shows and those all you can't eat challenges, etc. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Sometimes when I fast I watch food shows and those all you can't eat challenges, etc. 

You're a glutton for punishment. ?

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

You're a glutton for punishment. ?

Sometimes! ?

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Right, not to sound like a bunch of "tough guys" but it is relatively easy to do.

Really it's like anything else...it's all about developing a routine. Habits become hard to break, both good and bad. I started my fasting with a 12/12, then quickly went to 14/10. After a few months of that and seeing progress, I tried 16-8 for the heck of it, and found that's where most of the benefits that everyone talks about really kicked in. I've been able to maintain my weight even through two cruises this winter (13 total days at sea with unlimited food and drink) and cold weather that has prevented me from going outside. I really do believe though you have to pair fasting with healthy eating, specifically cutting processed sugars. I do also think you need to break the cycle every now and then. Cheating every now and then keeps you sane.

Can I still drink black coffee during these fasts?

28 minutes ago, PP1 said:

Can I still drink black coffee during these fasts?

You can handle your fasting however you want. I don't think black coffee necessarily invalidates a fast as it is almost zero calorie and doesn't affect blood sugar. I don't drink it during my fasting period for two reasons....1) I don't really like black coffee, and 2)I've eliminated caffeine from my diet. Clinically, caffeine is a diuretic and with increased output, and limited intake, you could conceivably have dehydration issues if you drink too much of it without adding additional water intake.

Ash Wednesday tomorrow.  Fast day for me.  I know that I probably have too many toxins in my body because I tend to get mid-afternoon headaches when I fast.

I'm back on the 16:8 fast, started sunday and I'm down 3lbs this morning. The lightest I ever was since my Freshman year was in 2015 when I wouldn't eat after 6pm Monday-Friday and I exercised in the evening (8pm). That was before we had a full house and the ones we had were in bed by 7pm. Now I'm at my heaviest after having broke my foot in July then pulling a Hammy in November. 

  • Author
22 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Story of my life, my man. 

It seemed like every 15 minutes I'd think to myself, I haven't ate in a while, I should eat something before I get nauseous. ? 

  • Author
22 hours ago, theguru said:

Sometimes when I fast I watch food shows and those all you can't eat challenges, etc. 

We went to Costco AND Kroger Saturday, that was tough. 

  • Author
17 hours ago, PP1 said:

Can I still drink black coffee during these fasts?

The fast that we did allowed for water, green tea and black coffee. The biggest concern is staying well hydrated. And even if you are taking in lots of fluids you aren't going to have any sodium intake to help you retain those fluid like you typically would. I did pee a lot but that was about it. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.