Brian Urlacher: Overrated??

iPapi

Is Brian Urlacher overrated?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brian Urlacher overrated?

• Overrated
    • Not overrated

My favorite thing about Urlacher is that he doesnt dance after every play he makes.

:thumb: :thumb: He looks at it as that is what he is supposed to do and expects to do.

How anyone could think or say that he is overrated and way beyond me. I would have to say that I would overrate anyone says that knowledge of the game.

I think he is very, very, very good.

But I do think the media makes him to be Superman when he is not, of course nobody is.

A few plays to consider:

1) Pitt vs. Chic-'05- Urlacher hits Jerome Bettis under the shoulder pads, perfect tackling position, he is lower has his butt and legs underneath him, he is athletic, he weighs 260

Result-Bettis runs over top of him for the TD

2) Sea vs. Chic- '07 (1st Rd Playoff) 3rd and 8 from Chicago 12 or so, Seattle runs draw, Urlacher drops out, Seattle's center gets on Urlacher about 8 yards down field, drives him out, the TE has pulled up through as well and he hits Urlacher, he is driven 10+ yards downfield

Again I think he is very, very, very good; but I think the greats- Butkus, Singletary, Lambert don't let this type of play happen.

I think he is very, very, very good.

But I do think the media makes him to be Superman when he is not, of course nobody is.

A few plays to consider:

1) Pitt vs. Chic-'05- Urlacher hits Jerome Bettis under the shoulder pads, perfect tackling position, he is lower has his butt and legs underneath him, he is athletic, he weighs 260

Result-Bettis runs over top of him for the TD

2) Sea vs. Chic- '07 (1st Rd Playoff) 3rd and 8 from Chicago 12 or so, Seattle runs draw, Urlacher drops out, Seattle's center gets on Urlacher about 8 yards down field, drives him out, the TE has pulled up through as well and he hits Urlacher, he is driven 10+ yards downfield

Again I think he is very, very, very good; but I think the greats- Butkus, Singletary, Lambert don't let this type of play happen.

Another thing is the Bus did not have a full head of steam going into Urlacher, he was breaking a tackle from a DB and then ran over him, but with that said, I would love to have him on Pittsburgh's roster. He is the fastest Middle LB in the league. He played saftey and kick returner in college... :D