Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt 74 Kentucky 69

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

I think they said something about that in the broadcast, but shooting wasn't the problem today. UK shot 48% from the floor and 39% on threes --- better than Vanderbilt shot.

I think the shoot around has as much to do with having early energy in a game as anything. They were decidedly at step slow and out of sync the entire first half.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Butler 2-7, 2 assists, 6 turnovers. Garrison and Oweh each had 4 turnovers. UK 17 turnover and Vandy with 5. That is lack of effort and intensity by UK. On the good side of things, in 1

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Much better effort in the second half to give themselves a chance. However, this will happen when they continually keep getting down double digits to teams. It’s great that they keep fighting, but it’

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    A terrible last 3 minutes for the Cats they lead 69-68 with 2:56 to play and never scored again and were outscored 6-0 down the stretch and had 4 turnovers in that span and also gave up an offensive r

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

I'd heard the same but I'm not sure why.

I don't know if Butler was sick or just still banged up but he got a lot of rest today and didn't play great. You just can't have 10 turnovers in one half and expect to win the game. Somehow UK out rebounded Vanderbilt by 13, but I'm relatively certain Vandy scored on all 9 of their offensive rebounds. Just an ugly, sloppy game. 

There was a least one possession where I think Vandy got three or four shots at it and didn't score. But I agree it "seemed" like they scored on most all of them.

17 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I think the shoot around has as much to do with having early energy in a game as anything. They were decidedly at step slow and out of sync the entire first half.

I'll give you that. But it's not like they weren't able to warm up. Usually the shoot around is much earlier in the day, like 3 or 4 hours so it's just weird that they came out the way it did. I will concede that it can mess up some rhythm if they were told the day of that they couldn't get in a shoot around. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I'll give you that. But it's not like they weren't able to warm up. Usually the shoot around is much earlier in the day, like 3 or 4 hours so it's just weird that they came out the way it did. I will concede that it can mess up some rhythm if they were told the day of that they couldn't get in a shoot around. 

I just know over the years whenever they have came out flat, that a no shoot around has been a very common denominator.

I will say this, Williams did not assert himself very much on defense either. It was just strange watching him at times today. I don't know if that's because he's used to playing under or near the basket when he was at Drexel but he seemingly gives up or doesn't trail the ball even trying to make a play on the ball/alter a shot. Then as a result he's not even in a good rebounding position when the ball goes up. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

I will say this, Williams did not assert himself very much on defense either. It was just strange watching him at times today. I don't know if that's because he's used to playing under or near the basket when he was at Drexel but he seemingly gives up or doesn't trail the ball even trying to make a play on the ball/alter a shot. Then as a result he's not even in a good rebounding position when the ball goes up. 

Must have been because of not having a shoot around. 

Butler had a terrible game, Williams, Garrison have zero basketball IQ, tough to overcome when these are two of your starters, just regroup with what you have to regroup with and move on to Knoxville with a new attitude and more physical presence because the Vols will flex their muscle big time Tuesday.

15 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Not sure where you are seeing that at. Box score says it was 66-54 Vanderbilt in total field goal attempts taken. 

I pulled it from a box score online. Maybe an error by me double counting 3 point attempts? Thanks for the correction. And that makes more sense statistically.

15 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Not sure where you are seeing that at. Box score says it was 66-54 Vanderbilt in total field goal attempts taken. 

I pulled it from a box score online. Error by me double counting 3 point attempts. Thanks for the correction. And that makes more sense statistically.

14 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I think the shoot around has as much to do with having early energy in a game as anything. They were decidedly at step slow and out of sync the entire first half.

I saw the same step slow and out of sync the last 4 minutes.

13 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

I will say this, Williams did not assert himself very much on defense either. It was just strange watching him at times today. I don't know if that's because he's used to playing under or near the basket when he was at Drexel but he seemingly gives up or doesn't trail the ball even trying to make a play on the ball/alter a shot. Then as a result he's not even in a good rebounding position when the ball goes up. 

Williams is not physical enough or strong enough for SEC basketball. He gets pushed around constantly. I would be giving more minutes to Garrison if I were Pope.

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I saw the same step slow and out of sync the last 4 minutes.

Ball handling was horrible all day, that last few minutes it was even worse if that's possible. Too many unforced errors just in ball handling alone to cost us the game.

  • Author

We are turning into a sloppy team, not paying much attention to detail in a lot of areas, just like Oweh missing the box out on the missed free throw at the end, we’re not good enough to NOT do that 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.