Duquesne 93 Xavier 91

letabrotherspeak

Caught the last minute of the game. X was 19 and came back to tie it in the last minute.

DU gets a layup off an inbounds under their own basket, to go up 2.

Xavier gets a forced 3 point attempt from Lavender...Cage boards it, looks like he gets fouled. DU player strips ball, but it looked to be all arm.

Sean Miller runs to halfcourt and drops a nice expletive at the departing official.

Josh Duncan was in a sweatsuit and I assume he didnt play.

Tough tough loss for Xavier.

I told my man HSSRB before the season started that while individually talented they didn't have a post presence and are much too soft/meek. You cannot give up 90 points to the Dukes and expect to be even a decent team.

Embarassing.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hssb, your team is fading fast....:sssh:

This is exactly the type of year Xavier was having when they went to the Elite 8, and almost the final four. This team is very capable of getting hot at the right time like they did in 2004, and last year. Remember they were only a few baskets away from beating Gonzaga last year in the first round, and cruised through the A-10, winning 4 games in 4 days. This team has a MAJOR problem getting up for inferior teams. (Duquense, St. Louis, Bucknell) but playing good against better competition. (Villanova, Illinios, Alabama)

This is exactly the type of year Xavier was having when they went to the Elite 8, and almost the final four. This team is very capable of getting hot at the right time like they did in 2004, and last year. Remember they were only a few baskets away from beating Gonzaga last year in the first round, and cruised through the A-10, winning 4 games in 4 days. This team has a MAJOR problem getting up for inferior teams. (Duquense, St. Louis, Bucknell) but playing good against better competition. (Villanova, Illinios, Alabama)

Which makes it pretty much impossible for them to make the dance unless they win the A-10 tournament.

When you lose to the likes of Duquense, Bucknell, St. Louis, and UC(this year) you are not NCAA tournament material.

X is the most underachieving team in the nation.

I can't quite agree with this statement because LSU, Alabama, and Texas A&M, all had much loftier expectations entering the season. But, I'd agree Xavier is close.

They are very poorly coached. Since Matta left, I can't see any improvement on the holdovers of 04, and defensively they are a travesity. The Dukes hadn't held a lead of more than 10 points ALL YEAR, until they led X by 19 tonight.

Preposterous loss. Duncan mattered not at all in losing this game. This game was lost in the fact that Xavier seemed to be either ill-prepared for the Dukes' style, or lacking any and all respect for their ability to execute against X. The frenetic style, combined with so many one-handed passes leading to turnovers that it was sad, got Duquesne out to it's big lead. The light-bulb seemed to go on for XU down 12 with 5:00 to play. Xavier was literally better than DU at every position and lost -- that is hard to do.

Cole is a liability when asked to play this much. He committed a dumb foul at the 10:30 mark in the first half because he was gassed (and he'd already been out and back in once by then).

D.Brown needs to be starting while Duncan is out. Slide Doellman over to the 5 (I don't think Yao or Shaq on their upcoming schedule) and Cage to the 4. By the way, Doellman has been unreal the last couple of weeks. The cynic would say he's trying to get some post-college attention, the optimist would say that Stan and Drew are working the ball through the high post more and taking fewer ridiculous forced jump shots. Your call. :D

UKMF, while Xavier is certainly capable of running out the string (until the A-10 tourney), I think they are safely in a win the A-10 Tourney or enjoy the NIT mode at this point.

Additionally, John Brady just called and said he refuses to give up his trophy as the Nation's Most Under-achieving team without a fight. Sean can't have it.

I agree with Sandman (wow), Sean continues to befuddle and leave you scratching your head. I'd say he has about 1 year and 1 month to completely figure it out or he won't need to. :D

I can't quite agree with this statement because LSU, Alabama, and Texas A&M, all had much loftier expectations entering the season. But, I'd agree Xavier is close.

They are very poorly coached. Since Matta left, I can't see any improvement on the holdovers of 04, and defensively they are a travesity. The Dukes hadn't held a lead of more than 10 points ALL YEAR, until they led X by 19 tonight.

Texas A&M.....Aren't they like 18-3??? Hardley underachieving..