What if.... Pitino never left UK???

LSURock

In your opinion. Would they have won multiple national titles over the past 9 years? Would a bunch of kids that were super-stars elsewhere have attended UK to play for Pitino? Who maybe? I really think UK was on a roll when Pitino split. He says he regrets ever leaving UK. Take a minute to think about what it likely would have been like if he had never left.....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my only post in this thread...It will be filled with speculations and arguements will break out that will NEVER end, Tubby will need to be fired again, Rick will be back in the NIT with Louisville, and it will end up being closed in a day and a half...:lol:

This will be my only post in this thread...It will be filled with speculations and arguements will break out that will NEVER end, Tubby will need to be fired again, Rick will be back in the NIT with Louisville, and it will end up being closed in a day and a half...:lol:

:laugh: :laugh: NOT!!!

:thumb:

That's exactly what it all boils down to right there.

Say what you will, but after 9/11 and the death of Billy Minardi, Ricky P hasn't been the same.

I agree. Rick has admitted that he hasn't brought the same fire since then, because winning and losing matter less to him.

In all seriousness, I believe UK would at least have 8 championships to brag about.

I think we would have the same amount of titles as we do now. I dont think we would have won it in 1998 with Pitino as coach, however I believe that he would have got us another title, but just not in 1998. And I would say we would have one more final four than we have right now. Other than that I think the amount of wins and everything would be just about the same as many as Tubby has gotten...

I think we would have the same amount of titles as we do now. I dont think we would have won it in 1998 with Pitino as coach, however I believe that he would have got us another title, but just not in 1998. And I would say we would have one more final four than we have right now. Other than that I think the amount of wins and everything would be just about the same as many as Tubby has gotten...

Why dont you think Rick would have won the Championship in 1998?

I think UK would have 1 more National Championship, and another final four!

Oh My....:lol: just dropped in this thread by mistake, but since I'm here. He would have don well, recruited well and had entertaining play.

No idea on what he would/wouldn't accomplished but I going to the Celtics, was a definite career snafu for him.