Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most enjoyable coaches.......

Featured Replies

Bobby Keith of Clay County was the most fun I ever had watching a coach!

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Keith of Clay County was the most fun I ever had watching a coach!

Truly one of the great showmen in high school basketball. He can still spin a great yarn and has forgot more basketbal than most will ever know.

Mike Flynn was very animated in his early years at Holmes.

 

He had a very unique temper at Ashland as well.

 

Yoter

Bobby Keith of Clay County was the most fun I ever had watching a coach!

 

 

Seeing Coach Keith walk into Rupp Arena and raise both arms in the air and pump the fists was a true classic. He could work the whole arena and somehow make most cheer for the Tigers. His teams played like they were a Special Forces Unit. The sideburns and the long stride are trademarks for Bobby Keith.

Seeing Coach Keith walk into Rupp Arena and raise both arms in the air and pump the fists was a true classic. He could work the whole arena and somehow make most cheer for the Tigers. His teams played like they were a Special Forces Unit. The sideburns and the long stride are trademarks for Bobby Keith.

Bubba you hit the nail on the head. I loved to watch Coach Keith and the Tigers. Attendance figures were huge at the sweet sixteen during the Richie years. Kentucky was in love with the boys from the mountains.

I have had the pleasure of speaking with Coach Keith numerous times and he is one smart cookie. He can sell ice cream to Eskimo's

Billy Hicks nephew Jim Hicks is entertaining as well. I know a lot of people who use to watch him instead of the game.

 

Randy Ward went to the concession for a pepsi during the game.

 

 

Didn't know they were relatives.

Paintsville's Coach was quite a character. He was especially funny in the ESPN special a few years back

I once saw Bob Ward (Bourbon Co.) throw his Aquafina bottle a good 30-40 ft in the air at the Mason County Fieldhouse one year. Classic.

Bubba you hit the nail on the head. I loved to watch Coach Keith and the Tigers. Attendance figures were huge at the sweet sixteen during the Richie years. Kentucky was in love with the boys from the mountains.

 

I know I shed a tear when they lost in '85 to HopTown.

Didn't know they were relatives.

 

He's talking about the Jim Hicks at Greenup Co. (when he's allowed to coach), not the Jim Hicks that is the coach at Conner high.

Jim Hick of Conner is quite a show too. He works the officials almost as much as Listerman does.

Thanks for clearing up the Jim Hick deal for me.

It was always enjoyable and classic moments back in the 80's to watch Coach Allen Feldhaus at Mason County call a timeout(when the benches were on the baselines) and he would walk to the scorers table at midcourt and argue his point with an official. Coach Feldhaus was 10 points better than any other team as soon as we walked into the gym door home or away.

I was coaching and played against Mason Co and Feldhaus many times and he even scared me at times. (ONLY KIDDING) I also took teams to Russell Co when he coached there. He sure could sway an official . He always was a good friend of mine and I still see and talk to him some. Great guy. :laugh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.