Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TP94 Power Ratings - (11-7-24)

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Bout the same. I stand by the statement, PT beats OC 10 out of 10 times. They have way more top tier athletes than OC has. That’s a fact. 

Every team OC plays has better athletes than they do, outside of their district. 

 

14 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

Still don't understand how Owensboro Catholic is #2. They got dominated by PT in a scrimmage and they are not beating Trinity or any big schools like FD or X. 

I agree with everything you've said, except OC being dominated by PT in the scrimmage. Did you see it? In a game where QBs weren't live, OC was inside the redzone several times without scoring. Atwell 100% gets at least 1 of those in the end zone if he can run. I have no idea what the final was, but it was a close game (I think PT was up a score when the JVs got in, which was for the 4th). Could OC beat PT right now? Don't know, but to say they were dominated in the scrimmage is just factually inaccurate. But to your point, they aren't beating the top 6A teams in the state.

14 minutes ago, Kyfootballking said:

Every team OC plays has better athletes than they do, outside of their district. 

 

I agree with everything you've said, except OC being dominated by PT in the scrimmage. Did you see it? In a game where QBs weren't live, OC was inside the redzone several times without scoring. Atwell 100% gets at least 1 of those in the end zone if he can run. I have no idea what the final was, but it was a close game (I think PT was up a score when the JVs got in, which was for the 4th). Could OC beat PT right now? Don't know, but to say they were dominated in the scrimmage is just factually inaccurate. But to your point, they aren't beating the top 6A teams in the state.

Or Boyle.

12 hours ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Bout the same. I stand by the statement, PT beats OC 10 out of 10 times. They have way more top tier athletes than OC has. That’s a fact. 

Douglass has better athletes than the majority of the teams they play. That only takes you so far, lots of other factors that go into that. To each their own. 

On 11/7/2024 at 7:01 AM, TimeWillTell said:

Still don't understand how Owensboro Catholic is #2. They got dominated by PT in a scrimmage and they are not beating Trinity or any big schools like FD or X. 

Call me crazy but after what BG did to St. X with the Weapons OC has I think they could give St. X a run. Crowe and Atwell are just as Dangerous as Bailey and Barber. 

17 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

Call me crazy but after what BG did to St. X with the Weapons OC has I think they could give St. X a run. Crowe and Atwell are just as Dangerous as Bailey and Barber. 

Which also begs the question… Would OC stop X? Feel like that’s a tough ask. 

4 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Which also begs the question… Would OC stop X? Feel like that’s a tough ask. 

I feel their defense is overshadowed by Atwell and the Offense.  You are returning 9 starters from the Runner-up team last year.  The older Carrico graduated, but Crowe has filled in for him.  But who knows...

20 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Which also begs the question… Would OC stop X? Feel like that’s a tough ask. 

Didn’t say it would be the exact same outcome.lol but I’d take OC in a shoot out. I believe their defense could do enough for their offense to out score X…. Only 1 team has scored more than touchdown against OC starters all season.

Interesting points to all this. It's why you play the game. I wish OC luck. I'm a Devil fan but Catholic has a great chance of winning the 2-A state championship, if they remain healthy.

I understand how the ratings are calculated because it goes by margin of victory not SOS or by class bump like RPI. 

At the end of the day the game is played on the field and I wish Owensboro, Catholic, Apollo, and DC luck in the playoffs. 

Quote

 

 

46 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

Didn’t say it would be the exact same outcome.lol but I’d take OC in a shoot out. I believe their defense could do enough for their offense to out score X…. Only 1 team has scored more than touchdown against OC starters all season.

Simply put, if OC is better than X, I believe 2A could be a foregone conclusion 

  • Author
31 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

@Tigerpride94

How is OC ahead of PT?

PT is undefeated, has scored more and allowed less than OC.

I went back and looked on my excel spreadsheet and found an entry error so corrected it and it brings Owensboro Catholic's rating down to 91.93 which still keeps them #1 in 2A but lower than Paducah Tilghman. When I enter scores this upcoming week I double check all the teams to make sure didn't do same error on any other teams but I think this was isolated case.

57 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I went back and looked on my excel spreadsheet and found an entry error so corrected it and it brings Owensboro Catholic's rating down to 91.93 which still keeps them #1 in 2A but lower than Paducah Tilghman. When I enter scores this upcoming week I double check all the teams to make sure didn't do same error on any other teams but I think this was isolated case.

giphy.gif

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.