Cubster's 16th Regional Poll 1/28/07

Nets

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're in la la land my friend.

:eek: :argue:

You may want to pm shooterx3 for the specifics of the first game @ Elliott when Russell had them down, I believe (17)( help me on this one shooter) before getting into foul trouble and playing zone most of the way after that. Elliott had great difficulty scoring against Russell's man D. They will have little trouble against anyone's zone in the 16th.

I believe the 17 point lead would have been in the first quarter...early in the first at that.

Also, didn't the same thing happen last year in the championship game at Morehead??

Russell played man that game.

Both school have nearly the same teams as last year...and that was a completely a neutral court.

I don't see a 9+ point spread ever.

If I am wrong, then I'll eat crow. I hope "duck" is the same way. I believe that Elliott takes the next game (at Russell) by 4.

Russell gets a lead and then squanders it later in game--only this time, they can't fix it.

:eek: :argue:

You may want to pm shooterx3 for the specifics of the first game @ Elliott when Russell had them down, I believe (17)( help me on this one shooter) before getting into foul trouble and playing zone most of the way after that. Elliott had great difficulty scoring against Russell's man D. They will have little trouble against anyone's zone in the 16th.

Elliott is a much different team than they were that first game.

I'm in the same "la la land" as Duck because I see Russell over Elliott by double digits. That being said, I think Elliott's the 2nd best team in the Region I just think Russell matches up against them very well. VanHoose and Robinson matchup well against the Faulkner's and Gill matches up well against Ferguson. Even if those were "even" matchups (and I think Russell has the edge), Russell's remaining players Blair, Turner, Frazier and Ferguson, are better than Elliotts. Added to that, Russell's overall defense is stronger than Elliotts IMO. I think Boyd Co poses the most matchup problems for Russell with their wide bodies especially when Branham is hitting the three!

Russell aint been standing still:thumb:

They'd better be practicing free throws if they expect to win the region. Ellliott is a great FT shooting team, while Russell struggles. That could be the difference in the final outcome in Morehead.

BTW......defenz looks as if he's got the form down pat. Maybe the Russell squad should take a look at his avatar. The guy never misses.

I'm in the same "la la land" as Duck because I see Russell over Elliott by double digits. That being said, I think Elliott's the 2nd best team in the Region I just think Russell matches up against them very well. VanHoose and Robinson matchup well against the Faulkner's and Gill matches up well against Ferguson. Even if those were "even" matchups (and I think Russell has the edge), Russell's remaining players Blair, Turner, Frazier and Ferguson, are better than Elliotts. Added to that, Russell's overall defense is stronger than Elliotts IMO. I think Boyd Co poses the most matchup problems for Russell with their wide bodies especially when Branham is hitting the three!

Russell beat Elliott by 3 on a Vanhoose 3 from about 30 feet. Russell shot almost 60% from the field in that game. Elliott is a new team compared to the 1st game. The defense from Elliott has been very good since the lineup change. Dont get me wrong I think Russell has a good team but saying they would win by DD is a stretch.:thumb:

If Russell stays out of foul trouble and plays Elliott man to man, Russell is 9+ better on a neutral court.:fire:

If Russell plays very much zone, then it drops to 4 or less.;)

Russell played man to man the whole second half against Elliott and I dont remeber them having trouble scoring and I dont remember Russell being in foul trouble. Ferguson sat most of the first half with 2 fouls. Evan Faulkner was still recovering from an injury at that point in the season as well. But as far as the rankings go, at this point I agree that Russell is the #1 team in the region.