Cubster's 16th Regional Poll 1/28/07

Nets

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell tends to get to complacent but I would not count them out.

As far as who is playing better I wouldn't be so sure either. Before the loss at Ironton, Russell had won seven straight games with wins over Ashland and Rowan Co. Elliott Co has won 5 straight since the loss to South Charleston, With wins over Fairview and Greenup Co. being the two most impressive.

IMO these are the two top teams with a slight edge still to Russell. Russell has a record of 14-1 against 16th region opponents. Elliott Co. has a record of 14-3 within the region.

GottaRebound & zippidiedoda, instead of saying a team WILL NOT go to state, make a bolder prediction and tell us WHO WILL THEN???

I will say it's Russell's to loose and Elliotts to win. Ashland will have a difficult time exiting the districts (IMO they will win their district, but) so they may not be a factor after all if they get beat in opening round. There are many other teams that are capable of going to state, but I am afraid to predict too much until district pairings are out.

Jay,

Ashland has an overall 13-7 record, and only has 4 wins vs. teams with winning records this season (Boyd x2, Belfry, and Rose Hill).

Ashland's record vs teams with winning records are: 4-6.

If you take away the district foes, they carry a 1-5 record vs winning teams and were outscored an avg of: 71-62.

7-0 vs Kentucky teams w/ losing records and

2-1 vs out of state teams (wins Spring Valley & Rock Hill)

Waiting for that "Signature" win IMO.

Jay,

Ashland has an overall 13-7 record, and only has 4 wins vs. teams with winning records this season (Boyd x2, Belfry, and Rose Hill).

Ashland's record vs teams with winning records are: 4-6.

If you take away the district foes, they carry a 1-5 record vs winning teams and were outscored an avg of: 71-62.

7-0 vs Kentucky teams w/ losing records and

2-1 vs out of state teams (wins Spring Valley & Rock Hill)

Waiting for that "Signature" win IMO.

Excellent research to back up my post.:thumb:

Looks to be shaping up to be a good region tournament at good old MSU again this year. Can't wait.

I agree with Cubster on his picks, but if you could I'd have Russell 1 and Elliot 1A. They are really that close imo.

good luck to Elliott in the all A tonight and to Russell at GC. Both should be great games to watch

Looks to be shaping up to be a good region tournament at good old MSU again this year. Can't wait.

I agree with Cubster on his picks, but if you could I'd have Russell 1 and Elliot 1A. They are really that close imo.

good luck to Elliott in the all A tonight and to Russell at GC. Both should be great games to watch

Elliott lost last night to Paintsville 60-53.

If you read one of my previous posts, you will see my revision of the weekly poll with Russell @ #1 and Greenup @ #8. This DOES NOT mean that I think Russell will blow them out, mainly cause GC is too hard to beat at home especially in this District Rivalry.

This will still be a great game (within 7pts, IMO) and I hope I can make it into Greenup tonite. How are the roads in that direction?

Ashland is 6-2 against region teams and 4-1 against district teams. Why would Elliott and Russell want to play 17 games against region foes? Sometimes losses to great teams such as Covcath, Madison Central, Iroquios, Mason County, just to name a few are better for you than beating up in region opponents over and over again. We'll see come March. They also have Clark tonight, Elliott Tuesday, Rowan, Greenup, etc. to come later. Anybody else played that kind of schedule in the 16th? 6 teams ranked in the top 20 in the state. Who cares if they lose to them? They will have gotten better as a team win or lose. Object is to win district and region. Not have a glossy record.