What about Meeks!

YankeeFan22

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its kinda hard to compare Jasper and Meeks because they are two TOTALLY different types of players. meeks is the more of the shooter and athletic player and Jasper is more of the guy that will make and create a play. I personally like both of the players and can turn into solid teammates...

:thumb: Jasper creates for Meeks to knock down the jumper. Jasper will become a complete player once he makes defenders respect his shot and when that day comes watch out.

I honestly would like to see Meeks in the starting lineup and have Jasper coming in off the bench. Jasper is a very good player, but we need another player in the starting lineup that can score. As of right now we only got THREE people in the starting lineup who have a real good chance to score at anytime in Morris, Crawford and Bradley. If we had Meeks in there it would give up 4 good guys to have to score the basketball, which no one can argue is something we struggle with sometimes on this team. So I would really love for us to put meeks in the starting lineup then have Jasper coming in from the bench...

I wouldn't put him in the starting lineup in place of Jasper. I would consider him starting over Perry. Tubby knows them much better than we do and sees them in practice every day so I will trust in him knowing more about it that I do.

I wouldn't put him in the starting lineup in place of Jasper. I would consider him starting over Perry. Tubby knows them much better than we do and sees them in practice every day so I will trust in him knowing more about it that I do.

So you would go with a small lineup, against teams that in the SEC have good big guys? I know Perry is not really a true PF, but he would be better than having 4 guards in the lineup...I mean I love Jasper, but alot of you all seem to let fly all the stuff HE CANT DO and alot of the mistakes he makes on the court. Yeah Meeks had couple costly turnovers the other game, but Jasper has had his fair of costly turnovers too. I know no one is going to agree with me and I knew that before I said it, but if you all seriously look at this. Who was the pg at the beginning of the year when are offense was really doing good and everyone was talking about it, thats right it was Bradley. If you all notice who is running the point when UK usually goes on runs in games, once again it is Bradley. Alot of you all always seem to see when Bradley messes up at the point, but never pay attention when he is the one usually running the point during our runs, and guess who is in usually when Bradley is at the point, it is Meeks. So knowing that were a team that usually struggles putting the ball in the hoop, then why wouldn't you all wouldn't want to see a lineup that gives us the best chance to score points. You know the defense will still be there because Tubby always has good defensive teams, but we also need offense to go with it, if we want to beat good teams. Just like today when we went on that huge run it was Bradley at the point and Meeks in the game. So to me its pretty simple, you need to have guys in the game who can score, and with Bradley and Meeks in there it gives us a better chance to score than with Jasper IMO...You all dont have to worry about it, because Tubby wont make that change, but just IMO I think we could be EVEN better with Meeks starting...

I've always liked the strategy of having a player that can come in off the bench and spark the team, but if Meeks is in the starting lineup then you don't really have anyone that you can bring in to do this. I also considered the replacing Meeks with Perry scenario and using a very active defense, but as stated above this lineup would struggle greatly against some of the SEC teams.

I like both.. Jasper... I still feel like he is playing not to make mistake , couple times he makes nice moves and crisp dish passes with confidences and I wish he would play like that every game.

Meeks was playing unsure at the beginning of the season, but now he has seem to come around and play with alot of confidence like he wants it. I think he deservers to start...

1.Jasper

2.Bradley

3.Meeks

4.Crawford

5.Morris

I havent Seen the Perry from last season UConn game since???

I like both.. Jasper... I still feel like he is playing not to make mistake , couple times he makes nice moves and crisp dish passes with confidences and I wish he would play like that every game.

Meeks was playing unsure at the beginning of the season, but now he has seem to come around and play with alot of confidence like he wants it. I think he deservers to start...

1.Jasper

2.Bradley

3.Meeks

4.Crawford

5.Morris

I like this lineup, now when teams wanna go big we can run them off the floor and when they decide to go small that leaves Morris one on one with someone and there isn't a lot of guys in the league that can guard him one on one. Of course on the flip side is there alot of guys he can guard one on one?:irked:

Its kinda hard to compare Jasper and Meeks because they are two TOTALLY different types of players. meeks is the more of the shooter and athletic player and Jasper is more of the guy that will make and create a play. I personally like both of the players and can turn into solid teammates...

:thumb:

Two different positions with two different responsibilities. Jasper might score 4 points and Meeks 10 but Jasper would end up with the much better game in the coach's eyes because of assists, turnovers, defense, rebouding, controlling the tempo of the game, etc.

1.Jasper

2.Bradley

3.Meeks

4.Crawford

5.Morris

Im tired of the guys that don't want to play. If this is the line-up that wants to play I would play them. I would rather have someone wanting to win than not.

So you would go with a small lineup, against teams that in the SEC have good big guys? I know Perry is not really a true PF, but he would be better than having 4 guards in the lineup...I mean I love Jasper, but alot of you all seem to let fly all the stuff HE CANT DO and alot of the mistakes he makes on the court. Yeah Meeks had couple costly turnovers the other game, but Jasper has had his fair of costly turnovers too. I know no one is going to agree with me and I knew that before I said it, but if you all seriously look at this. Who was the pg at the beginning of the year when are offense was really doing good and everyone was talking about it, thats right it was Bradley. If you all notice who is running the point when UK usually goes on runs in games, once again it is Bradley. Alot of you all always seem to see when Bradley messes up at the point, but never pay attention when he is the one usually running the point during our runs, and guess who is in usually when Bradley is at the point, it is Meeks. So knowing that were a team that usually struggles putting the ball in the hoop, then why wouldn't you all wouldn't want to see a lineup that gives us the best chance to score points. You know the defense will still be there because Tubby always has good defensive teams, but we also need offense to go with it, if we want to beat good teams. Just like today when we went on that huge run it was Bradley at the point and Meeks in the game. So to me its pretty simple, you need to have guys in the game who can score, and with Bradley and Meeks in there it gives us a better chance to score than with Jasper IMO...You all dont have to worry about it, because Tubby wont make that change, but just IMO I think we could be EVEN better with Meeks starting...

I would have no problem going with a small lineup and playing a fast tempo. Our bigs, other than Morris, don't necessarily matchup well with the other good bigs in the SEC...if we went small, it's possible we could dictate the tempo and force other teams to try to react to what we were doing instead of the opposite. There have been plenty of teams who have had success by playing small ball and getting up and down the court. Obviously, it's a matchup problem defensively, but that goes both ways. I'm not saying it would work for sure, but I would have no problem with trying it...in fact, I'd love to see Tubby do it. For the past few years we've had more quality depth at the guard positions, yet we always try to play the slow down, inside-out game...going small would get our most talented players on the court for a larger number of minutes. As a basketball coach, I think that's what I would try to do. And, if it didn't work, I'd go from there...but I'd at least give it a look.