What about Meeks!

YankeeFan22

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meeks is playing well, these freshmen are coming around :ylsuper: . I still feel that Jasper is doing a good job on the point.

Yes Jasper is still doing a wonderful job, its just that another freshman has stepped up and is playing ball like Jasper has been doing for a while.:thumb:

Its kinda hard to compare Jasper and Meeks because they are two TOTALLY different types of players. meeks is the more of the shooter and athletic player and Jasper is more of the guy that will make and create a play. I personally like both of the players and can turn into solid teammates...

Yes Jasper is still doing a wonderful job, its just that another freshman has stepped up and is playing ball like Jasper has been doing for a while.:thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: I agree, c-a-t-s said it best in the earlier post that it was had to compare bc they are "two different type players" and at different positions and duties at those positions.

Meeks is playing great ball in the last few games. He is still making some freshman mistakes. He had a HUGE turn over in that Georgia game that could have had the Cats pulling out a win at the end of regulation, he passed it right to a Bulldog player. But, he has been very impressive and is a big impact on this Wildcat team.

I honestly would like to see Meeks in the starting lineup and have Jasper coming in off the bench. Jasper is a very good player, but we need another player in the starting lineup that can score. As of right now we only got THREE people in the starting lineup who have a real good chance to score at anytime in Morris, Crawford and Bradley. If we had Meeks in there it would give up 4 good guys to have to score the basketball, which no one can argue is something we struggle with sometimes on this team. So I would really love for us to put meeks in the starting lineup then have Jasper coming in from the bench...

Meeks has played well here and there but I wouldn't jump the gun on him just yet. The kid has talent and a good Jumper but watching him in some games such as the Vandy loss it was pretty noticeable that he is still a freshman. He forces the ball sometimes too often and takes some ill advised jumpers here and there. Still, if UK gets guys like Meeks, Stevenson, Sheray, and Porter to give them solid games off the bench then this team can be tough.

I honestly would like to see Meeks in the starting lineup and have Jasper coming in off the bench. Jasper is a very good player, but we need another player in the starting lineup that can score. As of right now we only got THREE people in the starting lineup who have a real good chance to score at anytime in Morris, Crawford and Bradley. If we had Meeks in there it would give up 4 good guys to have to score the basketball, which no one can argue is something we struggle with sometimes on this team. So I would really love for us to put meeks in the starting lineup then have Jasper coming in from the bench...

I disagree, I like that scoring that comes off the bench. We need players to come in the game who can score for us. With Crawford, Bradley, and Morris we have scorers already in the game and Jasper is looking for them.

I disagree, I like that scoring that comes off the bench. We need players to come in the game who can score for us. With Crawford, Bradley, and Morris we have scorers already in the game and Jasper is looking for them.

Then why do we always get off to such slow start usually? Other teams usually have more than just 3 guys in their starting lineup who can score. We know the defense pretty much will be there no matter who is in the game since Tubby is the coach, but offense is always something we struggle with. I mean I love Jasper, but if Jasper is going to start then he needs to actually start driving the ball to the whole instead of dribbling around up top, because if he drives to hole then it will open up shots for other people who he can pass to. Most of his assists come in fast break opportunitys, and he dont get much in the half court set which is something we are in alot. As I said before I like Jasper, but unless he starts doing more to help out the offense, then I really think we should go to Meeks in the starting lineup soon...