Louisville 76 Syracuse 71

Cdirty107

It's not an awful league but it is down from where it was last year.

You say deepest and most talented conference last year. However, how many grade one's season by making it to the Final Four on this board, the BE was a disappointment last year.

The BE is about the 6th or 7th best conference in the land this year.

With that being said, the parity in college hoops is widening.

5th best at worst. There is NO WAY the Big 11 or MVC are better top to bottom...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Valley is pretty good, just doesn't get the pub. Other than the two bottom teams, any of the other 8 you dont want to see as your first round opponent in the NCAA.

RPI still shaking itself out, but its almost February and The Valley is sitting at #5. They have 5 teams in the RPI top 50, 6 in the top 60, and all but one has a very solid SOS, other than the bottom teams.

RPI still shaking itself out, but its almost February and The Valley is sitting at #5. They have 5 teams in the RPI top 50, 6 in the top 60, and all but one has a very solid SOS, other than the bottom teams.

6 Top 50 in the BEast and 8 in the top 60. The Valley brass even said they had figured out a way to play the RPI formula. It's a well ran, good basketball league. Better than the Big East, it is not...

I looked at Ken Pomeroy's RPI...our figures arent quite matching up.

I like Ken Pomeroy's site, he even will give you projection/predictor numbers of upcoming games.

Both conferences are very competitive.

20% of the Valley is RPI 100+, but 30% of the Big East is 100+, and two are 150+.

Do you agree that UL's game with UC Wednesday is a huge game for the Cards, and particularly a must-win?

I like Ken Pomeroy's site, he even will give you projection/predictor numbers of upcoming games.

20% of the Valley is RPI 100+, but 30% of the Big East is 100+, and two are 150+.

Do you agree that UL's game with UC Wednesday is a huge game for the Cards, and particularly a must-win?

I think so, yes.

No doubt. A loss to UC is not going to look pretty on the Cards resume...

The last 10 minutes of the game was awesome to watch!!!I love the atmosphere in Freedom Hall and wish I could have been there. Go Cards!!!!

Just got in from the game and the air seemed electric during that time. It was great to watch the freshmen players hang in there and not fold. The Syracuse fans that were there seemed in shock - especially the ones around me that were taunting all the Card fans when Syracuse was 14 points up! Go Cards!

Will Scott will get more, and more important clock as this season progresses.

He needs to learn how to play defense without reaching first. He seemed on the verge of a big game after hitting the second three, but committed a stupid third foul about four seconds after that.

Syracuse made some awful decision in last few minutes of the game. The one that stood out the most was fouling with 5 seconds on the shot clock after they let them run off 30 seconds. That is something you would think they might go over during a Timeout. UL hits some big shots to take the lead late. Nice win for them.

Syracuse made some awful decision in last few minutes of the game. The one that stood out the most was fouling with 5 seconds on the shot clock after they let them run off 30 seconds. That is something you would think they might go over during a Timeout. UL hits some big shots to take the lead late. Nice win for them.

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about that as well. I didn't think to glance at Boeheim to see if he was telling them to foul sooner.