Random March Madness Chatter

Another team up 3 Houston had a chance up 3 with :10 seconds to play no foul lucky that Taylor missed two good looks at 3 and then they get one at the buzzer when then it was to short to foul then. Now it goes to overtimw.

• Like 1

Just now, 16thBBall Fan said:

Another team up 3 Houston had a chance up 3 with :10 seconds to play no foul lucky that Taylor missed two good looks at 3 and then they get one at the buzzer when then it was to short to foul then. Now it goes to overtimw.

Houston really crapped the bed down the stretch of regulation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Lot of points. 

Houston better hope it does not go to another OT with Shead out now to they have 77 points that has fouled out. Unreal. That kid that hit that one is like Ollie on Hoosiers. lol

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 9:48 AM, bugatti said:

I hear you. As much as I rail on the poor play of college basketball and the tournament being an inverted pyramid of excitement, I am a sucker each year for these first four days of the tournament.

Same here. Brothers from another mother. 

On 3/21/2024 at 10:30 AM, Randy Parker said:

I am going to encourage people to go the other way.  I put very little stock in the SEC this tournament.  I only have 3 teams from the conference making the Sweet 16 and none of them getting beyond that round.  And I have Sparty beating State today.

You were closer than usual. 

• Haha 1

I have grown to loathe 2 things so far this tourney.  One is tourney wide, one is DJ Burns specific.

DJ literally commits on offensive foul 95% of the time he touches the ball in the paint and it doesn't get called, which is fine.   If they won't call it, do it.   But then don't stand outside the box and look over at the ref every time someone puts a hand in your back and tries to move you  out of your spot.  Can't have your cake and eat it too.

The thing I have grown to hate even more than that is 35 fingers twirling in the air every time a ball goes out of bounds.   They know.   They'll look at it.  Please stop.

Now get off my lawn, ya darn ruffians.

• Like 1