Somerset 60 Danville Christian Academy 57 3OT (12th Region Semifinals)

13 minutes ago, RimRacker said:

Maybe Coach Story should watch Coach Inmon and take a couple lessons on how to use your post players. 

I would not watch Coach Inmon 😂 

• Haha 3

Watched this game on the live broadcast. Had a view of Coach Young most of the game. I can say that his team played with the same energy and intensity with which he coached. No quit in them.

Great job Coach Young. Congrats!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Coach Young does a great job, and his teams are always prepared. The same could be said with his teams at Garrard. If I was an AD and I had a coaches opening he would have to be toward the top of the list of phone calls I’d be making. The way he gets his best players open looks is impressive. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 12th Region Fan said:

Coach Young does a great job, and his teams are always prepared. The same could be said with his teams at Garrard. If I was an AD and I had a coaches opening he would have to be toward the top of the list of phone calls I’d be making. The way he gets his best players open looks is impressive. 

Agreed. He works hard at it, as some coaches look to just get a load of talent and hope they carry them to a championship. Which obviously by tonight’s outcome, isn’t enough. 

• Like 1

Coach Young is used to being an underdog.  Many of his Garrard's teams were in the 45th, and they always were able to remain very competitive in the majority of those contests.  The Jumpers will have to mustard up great resolve tonight in the finals!

• Like 1

Somerset and Pc have played 3 times this season Somerset winning 2 of the 3. It goes back to the old saying it’s hard to beat a team 3 times in a season. DCA had beat Somerset 2 times this season should be a good game

26 minutes ago, titan101 said:

Hard to play a 3 OT game and come back next day and play championship.  I wish the Semi and Championship weren't back to back days.  

IMO a 1st Round Monday/ Tuesday night senario with a Thursday Semi and Saturday Final would have a much better flow than what they do now?

1 hour ago, okie1 said:

IMO a 1st Round Monday/ Tuesday night senario with a Thursday Semi and Saturday Final would have a much better flow than what they do now?

I agree but they try to make it work with the girl's tournament.  I'm not sure how you could make the boy's and girl's tournaments fit into one week.  

7 minutes ago, 24Rocks said:

I agree but they try to make it work with the girl's tournament.  I'm not sure how you could make the boy's and girl's tournaments fit into one week.  

Do the same format with the Girls one week and the boys the second week.  

They basically take 2 weeks to play both of them as is.

13 minutes ago, okie1 said:

Do the same format with the Girls one week and the boys the second week.  

They basically take 2 weeks to play both of them as is.

I'd like to see them combine them in some way.  It can be a lot of driving if both of your teams are in the tournament and are successful.

• Like 1