Kentucky 93 Vanderbilt 77

7 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

27 assists tonight!!! With all these young studs to be that unselfish is remarkable…. Reminds me of 1996 how Pitino was able to get all those players to play as a team!

Great coaching by Pitino and Calipari to get players of this caliber to gel together and be unselfish.

Was a fun night at Rupp. Ray Davis as the Y!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Team is one last second tip in against LSU from 7 straight SEC wins. If they can win at Knoxville on Saturday, I think they'll be going into postseason play as maybe the hottest team in the country.

Tennessee already has the SEC championship and #1 seed locked up, almost a trap game for them.  However it is their senior day.  Hopefully it's a good game. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Tennessee already has the SEC championship and #1 seed locked up, almost a trap game for them.  However it is their senior day.  Hopefully it's a good game. 

Trap game meaning UT not focused. I just don't see that on senior day, last home game of the year against a despised opponent. I have a hard time with UK ever being a trap game for another team. Everyone brings their A game against UK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Trap game meaning UT not focused. I just don't see that on senior day, last home game of the year against a despised opponent. I have a hard time with UK ever being a trap game for another team. Everyone brings their A game against UK.

Agreed, which is why I said HOWEVER it is their senior day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Senior day, and even though they have the SEC one seed wrapped up. They are still playing for a one seed in the big tournament. So there definitely would be no over looking UK by then. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Great coaching by Pitino and Calipari to get players of this caliber to gel together and be unselfish.

Was a fun night at Rupp. Ray Davis as the Y!

14 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

27 assists tonight!!! With all these young studs to be that unselfish is remarkable…. Reminds me of 1996 how Pitino was able to get all those players to play as a team!

This! There are some that only focus on what Cal hasn’t done well, but yet ignore things like this. Getting a brand new team to come together and gel like this, especially getting freshman to share the basketball is a big credit to Cal. People always like to blame coaching when teams don’t get along and have turmoil. So you have to give credit when a coach can get a team to buy in. Which Cal for most of his time here has always been great at doing for the most part. Some people act like any coach could come in and be successful with some of the players he had. However, a lot of coaches wouldn’t be able to get a bunch of new freshman every year to buy in. Cal has always been one of the best at doing that. Even that 96 team that was loaded with talent, wasn’t a team that had a bunch of freshman learning to play together. 

Just now, futurecoach said:

This! There are some that only focus on what Cal hasn’t done well, but yet ignore things like this. Getting a brand new team to come together and gel like this, especially getting freshman to share the basketball is a big credit to Cal. People always like to blame coaching when teams don’t get along and have turmoil. So you have to give credit when a coach can get a team to buy in. Which Cal for most of his time here has always been great at doing for the most part. Some people act like any coach could come in and be successful with some of the players he had. However, a lot of coaches wouldn’t be able to get a bunch of new freshman every year to buy in. Cal has always been one of the best at doing that. Even that 96 team that was loaded with talent, wasn’t a team that had a bunch of freshman learning to play together. 

Bradshaw's comments after the Arkansas game were fantastic and a large testament to Calipari's coaching, in my opinion.

The improvement of Reeves has been massive for this team and call me crazy but things like that, Calipari doesn't get enough credit for either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

UT is fighting for a #1 Seed in the NCAA. If they beat UK and win two games in SEC tournament, I think they get a #1. I expect them to be ready to roll Saturday. 

2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Bradshaw's comments after the Arkansas game were fantastic and a large testament to Calipari's coaching, in my opinion.

The improvement of Reeves has been massive for this team and call me crazy but things like that, Calipari doesn't get enough credit for either.

He definitely does not get enough credit for developing players.