Open Job: West Jessamine

5 hours ago, 12th Region Fan said:

Do we have a name? 

I know it's pretty bold to come in and post that and not have a name, but I do not. This was told to me in January and the name wasn't provided at the time, unfortunately. I was just told it was "a done deal".

Didn't former head coach Damon Kelley leave early in the school year to be the athletic director at a school in Lexington? I always assumed this was an interim position this season. West has long had a very solid program; I suspect there will be quite a bit of interest.

38 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Didn't former head coach Damon Kelley leave early in the school year to be the athletic director at a school in Lexington? I always assumed this was an interim position this season. West has long had a very solid program; I suspect there will be quite a bit of interest.

Dunbar.

• Thanks 1

They are a good program and had a ton of success in the 12th region.  I have never seen a roster as bad as what they have now at West.  They will need someone that can bring in transfers in the short term to have any success over the next 2-3 years.  

16 minutes ago, titan101 said:

They will need someone that can bring in transfers in the short term to have any success over the next 2-3 years.  

This feels like the wrong approach and also a sad testament to what high school sports is becoming.

• Like 6

Just now, gchs_uk9 said:

This feels like the wrong approach and also a sad testament to what high school sports is becoming.

I am not saying this is what they should do or the approach they should take just the facts that whoever they bring in is going to struggle with their current roster. 

• Like 2

They had 1 SR that played this year.  I wouldn't say they have a great roster, but they played a ton of SOs this season so with the right coach they will improve.

4 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Yes Dunbar I think