Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Usher working for free

Featured Replies

 

LAS VEGAS — Usher is one of the most celebrated R&B artists in the world, with a just-released album and an upcoming national tour. 

And he'll be performing at the Super Bowl for free. 

That's right, for free. 

 

https://www.10tv.com/article/sports/nfl/superbowl/usher-super-bowl-halftime-performer-pay-2024/507-becd1433-115e-4ce2-b80b-e8e3223fa411

They all perform for free, always have. The sponsor, Pepsi I think, and the NFL pay for the show production but the artist are always free. That said, artist generally see a huge boost in sales right after the Superbowl which probably is pretty nice compensation. 

6 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

They all perform for free, always have. The sponsor, Pepsi I think, and the NFL pay for the show production but the artist are always free. That said, artist generally see a huge boost in sales right after the Superbowl which probably is pretty nice compensation. 

I saw something on Twitter that speculated a $140 million dollar boost for Usher.

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I saw something on Twitter that speculated a $140 million dollar boost for Usher.

Not a bad investment.

I am in the minority, but I thought the halftime show sucked. And I like Usher. The first half of it I could barely hear him.

26 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Not a bad investment.

I am in the minority, but I thought the halftime show sucked. And I like Usher. The first half of it I could barely hear him.

Little John and Ludacris definitely saved it for me.

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

Not a bad investment.

I am in the minority, but I thought the halftime show sucked. And I like Usher. The first half of it I could barely hear him.

There was a problem with that headset mic Usher wore at the start of the show. How can the sound be that bad at Super Bowl halftime? Surely they sound checked that multiple times in the days before the game. 

I was 50/50 on the halftime show. Not the best. Not the worst. Middle of the pack show.

13 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

There was a problem with that headset mic Usher wore at the start of the show. How can the sound be that bad at Super Bowl halftime? Surely they sound checked that multiple times in the days before the game. 

I was 50/50 on the halftime show. Not the best. Not the worst. Middle of the pack show.

One of the "joys" of live music... You can sound check 10 times, that doesn't mean it's going to work when it's show time. Always gotta be ready to improvise. It's one of the things that brings an adrenaline rush to performing live. 

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

Not a bad investment.

I am in the minority, but I thought the halftime show sucked. And I like Usher. The first half of it I could barely hear him.

Right, I thought it started bad (and I am an Usher fan) and it progressively got better and then it got really good and I was at a concert. 

I chalk it up to live music issues like Deuce mentioned. 

On 2/15/2024 at 1:01 PM, TheDeuce said:

It's one of the things that brings an adrenaline rush to performing live. 

And ulcers. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.