Open Job: Central Hardin

1 hour ago, NateInSports said:

Tim Mattingly stepping down as head coach at Central Hardin.

He is retiring from teaching in May or June (or whenever 2023-2024 school year officially ends based on weather)

Screenshot_20240115_103758_X.jpg

If they knew before the season started,  they may have already been shopping around for potential candidates before now.  May not be open that long if that's the case.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 8:27 PM, JellyRoll said:

I'm fairly certain that Tyler Jackson, the current DC has been the HC in waiting. I’d be very surprised if he’s not the next HC.

Any word on potential candidates?

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JellyRoll said:

Any updates on this opening? I’m told Jackson turned it down.

Also hearing that Josh Jaggers May be in the running.

This would make sense. Josh Jaggers has a nephew who plays for Central Hardin and the athletes mother is in administration at CHHS.

On 2/18/2024 at 2:59 PM, JellyRoll said:

Any updates on this opening? I’m told Jackson turned it down.

Also hearing that Josh Jaggers May be in the running.

Neither of these are the case.  Jackson hasn’t turned it down. He and Josh are pretty tight. I could see a definite possibility of him going there to help Tyler or if he turned it down maybe then some interest, but Jackson hasn’t turned the job down.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Calico Jack said:

Neither of these are the case.  Jackson hasn’t turned it down. He and Josh are pretty tight. I could see a definite possibility of him going there to help Tyler or if he turned it down maybe then some interest, but Jackson hasn’t turned the job down.

If that’s the case then why haven’t they announced Jackson as the new HC?

• 2 weeks later...

According to the newspaper, interviews will start next week around the 11th. Fairly certain that Jackson is still the lead candidate but a family situation will determine whether or not he accepts. Josh Jaggers, I'm told has not applied for the position.