Texans 45 Browns 14 (AFC Super Wild Card)

Final. Houston scored 35 unanswered points after trail in the 2nd quarter 14-10. CJ Stroud was 16/21 for 274 yards and 3 touchdowns. He missed 55 yard throw that would have put him over 300 yards and 4 touchdowns in the first half and it would have been for the first time in NFL history. Flacco threw 2 straight pick 6's in the loss.

After Houston beat Cincinnati, I said then not to be surprised if they won their division. Houston has themselves a very nice young team that’s likely only going to get better. If Stroud stays healthy, he could eventually be the best quarterback of the NFL and I don’t think that’s an exaggeration.

1 hour ago, hrcarrier said:

After Houston beat Cincinnati, I said then not to be surprised if they won their division. Houston has themselves a very nice young team that’s likely only going to get better. If Stroud stays healthy, he could eventually be the best quarterback of the NFL and I don’t think that’s an exaggeration.

Agree. Many people were shaming the Bengals for that loss and calling it a team the Bengals should not lose to. My takeaway was Houston is really GOOD. I had picked up CJ Stroud in my fantasy league a couple weeks before but I was even more impressed with Houston after that Bengals game. I added Singletary after the Bengals game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Agree. Many people were shaming the Bengals for that loss and calling it a team the Bengals should not lose to. My takeaway was Houston is really GOOD. I had picked up CJ Stroud in my fantasy league a couple weeks before but I was even more impressed with Houston after that Bengals game. I added Singletary after the Bengals game.

Singletary has played really well. If Stroud didn’t go out the time he did with his injury Houston wouldn’t have seven losses in my opinion.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 8:12 PM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I don't know why you don't really hear CJ Stroud's name in the MVP conversation (and yes I know it's a regular season award).

Hes the epitome of someone that should be in the conversation this year.

He’s been amazing for a rookie, not debating that. He also had a shaky stretch and missed some time for concussion protocol reasons, which effectively knocked him out of consideration.