Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Roughing the Passer

Featured Replies

Such a compicated rule. Everyone knows it needs work. It has played a big factor in some games this year. What do you suggest? Should it be reviewable?

They need to back off a little I think. I almost think it should be like the facemask rule with a 5 and 15 yarder. I jumped off the couch when Jackson picked the ball off tonight but I wasn't so sure that it should have been a roughing call.

Such a compicated rule. Everyone knows it needs work. It has played a big factor in some games this year. What do you suggest? Should it be reviewable?

 

No. If that happened, everytime a QB is hit, they'd have to review it.

 

My opinion, is that the rule should be ammended to where the QB actually hits the ground. An arm in the face is just pathetic. It would have been different if the defender smacked him with his arm on the helmet. This rule caused some teams a win on touches.

The roughing the passer call on the Pats tonight was pretty bogus. The guy just tapped Manning's helmet.

They said it was a "sketchy" call on SportsCenter.

They have 100% been very touchy with the call this year. But, it is a judgement thing. They are going to have to be a little tougher on it, but at the same time more consistent. I saw Peyton get hit a lot harder after another pass than he was on that throw. I wouldn't be opposed to having a 5 and a 15 yard penalty as that would smooth it out a bit.

 

P.S. That call didn't lose the Pats the game tonight.

P.S. That call didn't lose the Pats the game tonight.

 

 

Although I thought it was a bad call, I agree with you on that statement. I think Manning gets them in the end zone.

 

P.S. That call didn't lose the Pats the game tonight.

 

If I remember correctly that call was during a very critical drive and advanced the ball half the distance to the goal. It may not have cost them the game, but it was a huge call that ESPN even said was sketchy.

Hit the helmet and get the flag. Not a hard rule to grasp for the D...

  • Author
Hit the helmet and get the flag. Not a hard rule to grasp for the D...

I didn't want this to be about the call on Manning but about the rule in general.

  • Author

P.S. That call didn't lose the Pats the game tonight.

Agreed.

A terrible choice to call a penalty, I am so happy it had no measurable effect on the outcome of the game.

Hit the helmet and get the flag. Not a hard rule to grasp for the D...

 

Not hard to grasp but some of the calls I've seen were terrible. The Smith on Gradkowski, and Jenkins vs Hasselbeck were two awful calls by NFL refs.

Are they really bad calls? The rule is that if you hit them in the head it's a penalty. Seems pretty straightforward to me. The problem shouldn't lie with the officials throwing the flag; instead, it should be with the rule in general.

 

But as long as the quarterback is the highest paid player in the league, we'll have this problem.

Are they really bad calls? The rule is that if you hit them in the head it's a penalty. Seems pretty straightforward to me. The problem shouldn't lie with the officials throwing the flag; instead, it should be with the rule in general.

 

But as long as the quarterback is the highest paid player in the league, we'll have this problem.

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.