January 22, 200719 yr Any direct hit to the head I can agree with but make sure it's the a direct hit.
January 22, 200719 yr Are they really bad calls? The rule is that if you hit them in the head it's a penalty. Seems pretty straightforward to me. The problem shouldn't lie with the officials throwing the flag; instead, it should be with the rule in general. But as long as the quarterback is the highest paid player in the league, we'll have this problem. Exactly. That's why the rule needs to be rewritten.
January 22, 200719 yr They have 100% been very touchy with the call this year. But, it is a judgement thing. They are going to have to be a little tougher on it, but at the same time more consistent. I saw Peyton get hit a lot harder after another pass than he was on that throw. I wouldn't be opposed to having a 5 and a 15 yard penalty as that would smooth it out a bit. P.S. That call didn't lose the Pats the game tonight. I'm going to disagree with you and say that it isn't a judgement call anymore. I think the way the league has structured some of the protection rules, it takes away the ability of the officials to use their judgement as to whether a roughing or other personal foul was really that bad. I think that's why we're seeing so many ludicrous calls.
January 22, 200719 yr If you play d-line you can be cut, clipped, high lowed, double teamed, face masked, and then when you get through all that there is only a few ways you can hit someone legally. This penalty is bull, it is way over used. It has decided some major games and should be revisited, I think there should at least be a 5 yd option.
January 22, 200719 yr At least it HAS been called this way all year. All we ever ask for is Consistency and IMHO the zebras have been very consistent.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.