2023 Griffin Elite Prep Classic

Check out this basketball showcase that is happening next weekend in Northern Kentucky. Some of the top basketball talent in the nation will be playing, including teams like IMG, Legacy Charter, Moravian Prep and Huntington Prep 

http://griffinelite.com/

Only 800 seats available per game. Two of the top 5 players in the nation; 6 of the top 50.

• Like 1

Games will be held on December 15, 16 & 17 at Griffin Elite in Erlanger. It's a small venue, but the competition is going to be an absolute showcase.

Seating capacity is extremely limited, with 750 seats available. Stands will be cleared after each game in order to best attempt to accommodate each team's fanbase. Presale tickets are encouraged. Tickets are $10 presale and $15 at the door. Each game will have a $10 video livestream available. Online ticket link: HERE.

A portion of the proceeds from the showcase are going to help with medical bills for a local 16 year old girl who was recently diagnosed with cancer.

Friday Dec 15
Elder (OH) vs. IMG Academy (FL) - 7:00pm ($10 Livestream)
Newport vs. Huntington Prep (WV) - 9:00pm ($10 Livestream)

Saturday Dec 16
DeSales vs. Harlan County - 5:00pm ($10 Livestream)
Lloyd Memorial vs. IMG Academy (FL) - 7:30pm ($10 Livestream)

Sunday Dec 17
DeSales vs. Kings (OH) - 12:00pm ($10 Livestream)
Cooper vs. Legacy Charter (FL) - 2:30pm ($10 Livestream)
Centerville (OH) vs. Moravian Prep (NC) - 5:00pm ($10 Livestream)
Covington Catholic vs. La Lumiere (IN) - 7:30pm ($10 Livestream)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I would LOVE to see a picture of how they set this up for them to play in Griffen Elite.  Hopefully we can get someone to snap.  No idea how they are going to logistically get this put together in there.  If they do, than kudos to them!

Apparently they were working on hosting at another venue but weren't able to make anything work out. From the sound of things they were working on booking teams with the Griffin Elite facility in Erlanger as a fall-back if no other venues panned out. They needed to rent an arena for three days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Apparently they're already working on better venue options for next year's Griffin Elite Prep Classic.

NKU: Truist Arena is booked for NKU's fall semester commencement ceremonies on Saturday.

Thomas More: Women's basketball on Friday & men's basketball on Saturday.

Xavier: Women's basketball on Friday & men's basketball on Saturday.

UC: Not sure what's going on over at Fifth Third Arena, but that was evidently booked.

Heritage Bank Center: Cyclones game on Friday, and UC vs. UD men's basketball on Saturday.

No clue on rental costs but would they really make money or break even if they had the event at any of these arenas outside of Thomas More? I should Also ask if it's not about profit or breaking even as much as just getting the name out there.

Edited by Breds82
edit

3 hours ago, Breds82 said:

No clue on rental costs but would they really make money or break even if they had the event at any of these arenas outside of Thomas More? I should Also ask if it's not about profit or breaking even as much as just getting the name out there.

I'd say that money is at least some what of a factor, because that's a good part of why they're clearing the stands after each game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Neighboring CCH kid said ticket prices may be too high for most Crazies to attend. Ten bucks for students on a Sunday night is a lot versus a non-rival.

Yet they’ll go buy their Starbucks coffee! 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 3

On 12/14/2023 at 10:31 AM, FrankNicodemus said:

I would LOVE to see a picture of how they set this up for them to play in Griffen Elite.  Hopefully we can get someone to snap.  No idea how they are going to logistically get this put together in there.  If they do, than kudos to them!

My understanding is they are using the center court only. Bleachers will be set up on the other two courts.

The big question for me is parking. My guess is they use RA Jones lot and shuttle fans to the gym?

19 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

My understanding is they are using the center court only. Bleachers will be set up on the other two courts.

The big question for me is parking. My guess is they use RA Jones lot and shuttle fans to the gym?

Dumbest set up ever! Who even thought this was a good idea. Embarrassing. 

105261.jpeg