Pikeville 21 Raceland 0 (1A State Championship)

theguru

43 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

Pikeville dynasty rolls on and as a Belfry fan it pains me... but I think this now puts Pikeville on the door step of claiming the King of the Mountains for all-time program supremacy.

Pikeville and Belfry now each have (8) State Titles. The lone thread Belfry hangs on to is they have (7) Runner-Ups to Pikeville's (4). With that said, if the Panthers can get one more Championship Trophy you have to give them the overall edge.

Side Note: That's also really dang impressive accomplishment for a rural Appalachian County to have (16) titles and a combined 27 Finals Appearances between two programs.

Really impressive. I got a feeling your pain is going to get worse because this Pikeville run isn't close to being over. Belfry on the other hand is playing in 3A with a 2A enrollment. It is possible they could have a 1A sized enrollment the next time they realign. Everyone is leaving.

This is almost certainly the most demoralizing loss of Raceland's three finals appearances. To have an experienced team that's already beaten Pikeville this season - in what you might call a gap year for the Panthers - only to lay an egg on the scoreboard and lose to a completely one dimensional offensive gameplan... gut punch.

Raceland's been outscored 103-9 by Beechwood and Pikeville (×2). Like ATL said, they keep running into small school royalty. 

One of their mantras is 'keep pounding'. And honestly, what else can you do? Back to the drawing board. 

16 hours ago, Valmet said:

Really impressive. I got a feeling your pain is going to get worse because this Pikeville run isn't close to being over. Belfry on the other hand is playing in 3A with a 2A enrollment. It is possible they could have a 1A sized enrollment the next time they realign. Everyone is leaving.

Out of curiosity, where is everyone going?

I hate to do this but fact is fact, I understand the controversial call in the game was in fact wrong, if I am wrong anyone please set me straight.  I did get this from someone:

The penalty should have been marked off against Pikeville and Raceland keeping the ball. Instead they marked the penalty off from the point of the interception and Pikeville got the ball and the next play Pikeville scored to go up 14-0, Raceland's coach was livid and I can't say I blame him.

Is there video of the play? I enjoy seeing the plays that are talked about.

Just re-read the game thread. You can’t have a turnover if the penalty was on the defense. Once Pikeville intercepts the ball they are now on offense. Coach should’ve gone bezerk.