Open Job: Pendleton County

• 4 weeks later...

Will be a tough one to fill.  Petit is tenured as a teacher and the only one in the district qualified to teach Physics...doubt there's a lot of coaches that fit that bill.  This program needs someone young and energetic to bring some life to it. 

6 hours ago, LCDAWGS19 said:

Will be a tough one to fill.  Petit is tenured as a teacher and the only one in the district qualified to teach Physics...doubt there's a lot of coaches that fit that bill.  This program needs someone young and energetic to bring some life to it. 

Does the new coach have to teach physics? I would imagine Pendleton is like many other schools districts in Kentucky: they always have open jobs at the end of the year. And if you find a guy you really want, you can always make it work.

14 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Does the new coach have to teach physics? I would imagine Pendleton is like many other schools districts in Kentucky: they always have open jobs at the end of the year. And if you find a guy you really want, you can always make it work.

I was just stating that because it's not like a coach who teaches History, Spec Ed, etc. where replacing the guy who's leaving is easier.  Like you said, if they want a guy, they'll find him a job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LCDAWGS19 said:

I was just stating that because it's not like a coach who teaches History, Spec Ed, etc. where replacing the guy who's leaving is easier.  Like you said, if they want a guy, they'll find him a job.

I don't think finding a job for the next Football coach is going to be the problem. I thinking finding a guy who wants to coach at Pendleton is going to be the issue.

• Like 3

I have a hard time envisioning this program continuing. Community support is low, administration doesn't seem to prioritize sports, participation in the youth leagues is low.

What's the selling point here? Get your head beat in for a few years in this district until you move to another district where you'll lose more?

• Like 1

So. Someone privately reached out to me. They tell me that my assesment of community support is wrong, that attendance was high this year, and a new stadium turf is in the works. So I retract my previous post. Could be a good chance!

10 minutes ago, Pi said:

So. Someone privately reached out to me. They tell me that my assesment of community support is wrong, that attendance was high this year, and a new stadium turf is in the works. So I retract my previous post. Could be a good chance!

They broke ground immediately for new turf (red).. and, as they mentioned, there is support for football in the community (stands are packed often).  Talent level needs to meet excitement!

With Southern Campbell co exploding in population, how much longer until that reaches across the border to Pendleton Co? People may say “what’s another 15 minutes on my commute?”. That’s just my line of thinking. People want to get “away from the city” which in turn creates more crowded suburbs. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 11:43 AM, Pi said:

I have a hard time envisioning this program continuing. Community support is low, administration doesn't seem to prioritize sports, participation in the youth leagues is low.

What's the selling point here? Get your head beat in for a few years in this district until you move to another district where you'll lose more?

Even though I live in the county, I can't speak much to your first paragraph.  Your second paragraph sums up my thinking.  I hope nothing but the best for the program, but it seems like quite the uphill battle to build the football program into something appealing.  1 win opposite 30 losses in the last three seasons.