Phillies vs Braves (Divisional Round)

30 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I think it is interesting that if the Philles defeat the Braves that 3 of the 4 teams left this season will have been Wild Card teams.

If this happens, you could say all four were wild card teams.  The Astros and Rangers had identical records, but the Astros were declared the division winner via the tiebreaker.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Well since the Dodgers folded like a cheap tent, Phillies might as well close it out tonight.

Sure hope they do! Love watching the Phillies in October. Citizen Bank Park is one heck of an atmosphere. 

I think the Braves get tonight tough. Fans chanting they want Strider and doing the Braves chomp is gonna backfire tonight. Sure hope I'm wrong.

Cashed a $10 bet on Harper to his a Homer last night at +360. Dumb reasons I gamble exhibit A and B:

A) Harper base path blunder to end Game 2, which I don't entirely blame him for.

B) Aracaia's comments getting out of the clubhouse and then Harper wore a Coach Prime shirt into the game last night. It was all go for me after that haha!

I cannot describe how much I hate the Phillies. It has been brutal them knocking Atlanta out two straight postseasons. 

That said, they were so clutch this series. Castellanos DOMINATED them. Harper was strong as well, but even in Castellanos outs he was looking strong. I’m just disappointed that a historic Braves offense disappeared completely. There’s gonna be a lot of narratives about Strider but he gave up 4 earned runs in two starts. The Braves gave him one run of support. Just not gonna get it done. 

As a lifelong Phillies fan, this has been one of my favorite teams to watch. This series came down to pitching. The Phillies won this series without their ace winning a game, and two of the 3 games won were bullpen games. Their bullpen is deep, and loaded with power arms, and they shut the Braves big bats down. Riley was really the only guy who hit well for the Braves in this series. Really, outside of game 3, the Braves didn't pitch all that bad....the Braves offense just didn't show up. They scored 8 runs in 5 games, and only 3 total runs in the 3 losses. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Baseball had 3 teams that won over 100 games win a COMBINED 1 game in the postseason!!

Castellanos first player in MLB history to have back to back multi homer games in the postseason!!!  Wanted to stay in Cincy but we wouldn’t even make an offer!!

He didn't want to stay too badly because the money (no judgment here) outweighed his desire to play here so he opted out of his last 2 years. The Reds did extend an offer, he turned it down. Was a formality of an offer, sure, but still an offer. 

If the Reds would have been paying him the 20 million he made last year you would have griped about the down year, 13 homers and .263 average just like everyone has about Votto all these years.