Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Assistant Coaches

Featured Replies

  • Author

Preston LeMaster was on the Bourbon Co. bench the other night.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathan Johnson at Hazard is an outstanding assistant. He's served at Bracken Co. and Male. I know that he is not looking for a Head Coaching job anywhere.

What happened to the Trusty guy at Morgan?? Could his absence from the bench be a factor in the Cougars dismal performances this season? I remember a year or so ago he was being touted as possible head coach material in the region. Anyone with info on him?

He is the AD at Morgan Co. right now, I believe.

Pretty good resumes on that bench:

Billy Hicks: 700+ wins, one of Kentucky High School's all time great coaches. Loves the game and loves the kids. Still works 10 or so weeks of camp every summer so he can form relationships for the next generation of Cardinals... probably fishes and cooks even better than he coaches.

Chris Willhite: Played at Scott Co.; won the sportsmanship award at the State Tournament in 90 or 91???; All-time assist leader at Campbellsville University; was the varsity assistant at Tates Creek for a while and was a scout/assistant coach at Georgetown College for a while. Implements the offensive sets and acts as Coach Hicks right hand man.

Tim Glenn: was the all-time leading scorer at Asbury until Ronnie Brown passed him a couple of years ago. Won multiple middle school championships before moving up to his current position with the JV. Prepares players to step in and contribute at the varsity level.

Dudley Mattingly: Known as "The General". Has had multiple undefeated seasons. Introduces players to the Scott County system and the intensity level that is expected. The players who make it through this freshman year of "boot camp" are mentally tough and well prepared.

Scott Hundley: was Mr. Basketball in 2000; played 4 years at Vandy and was voted 6th man of the year in the SEC in 2004; great knowledge of the game; the players respect his accomplishments and listen closely to his advice

Keith Griesser: spent 9 years coaching at Georgetown College. Was a full-time assistant on the 1998 NAIA national championship team; he is a big reason Jared Carter improved so much between his junior and senior years.

Nick Napier: A good old boy from Bell Co. who is trying to get started in coaching. Works hard and does everything he is asked.

 

Yep, there are a bunch of them, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better staff. The best part is that they are not only good coaches, but quality men and good role models for the young men at Scott Co.

:thumb:

Can't beat a staff with a boy from Bell Co. on it!

  • Author

I think he can help with the scouting report for that opening game of the Toyota Classic too.

I think he can help with the scouting report for that opening game of the Toyota Classic too.

I'm sure he can. I will say though, Coach Whitaker has gotten away from some of the things they did while Nick and I were playing for him. Some different offenses, different defensive philosophy, etc. I'm sure Nick was able to get his hands on some tape though, so Scott will be ready to run Bell out of the gym.

  • Author

I don't remember which camp it was this summer, but Bell gave Scott Co. all they wanted and then some.

Pulaski, Breathitt, Danville and South are at least four, that I can recall. As they say" The Legend" can draw them up with the best. No one can out X and O Roscoe....nice slogan. He is also a talented musician like Ol Bubba himself.

Didn't he go with McCreary County also?

I think Jerry Stephens took the Raiders their last trip about 1983 and Maybe Ralph Roberts during the Tim Stephens era. I am not sure about that Morenoles.

He is the AD at Morgan Co. right now, I believe.

 

Yes he is.

 

Not only is he a great guy but he knows his stuff. I hated to see him leave the sidelines but can understand why. It was a step up the ladder.

:thumb:

Can't beat a staff with a boy from Bell Co. on it!

 

Chris Willhite:All-time assist leader at Campbellsville University.....Wilhite doesn't hold the all time assist record at Campbellsville University, that record belongs to a '87 Mason County graduate.

 

Wilhite was a quality player for Scott County High School and nice guard.

Southern Sports fan I believe Roscoe was an assistant on the 1983 team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.