Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 111 Menifee 51

Featured Replies

The subs played most of the second quarter and the whole fourth quarter. Ferguson paced Elliott with 30, Maynard comes off the bench to score 20 including 6 three's, and Ethan Faulkner adds 16. Everyone that Elliott Co dressed scored tonight.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Big win. Just a question, you said subs played most of the 2nd qtr. and all of the 4th. Does this mean the starters played the 3rd qtr.? If so, I would have to wonder why.

No real big surprise here. Congrats to Elliott Co for advancing to the championship game and whomever they face, it should be a good one.

 

Course I'm hoping for a Rose Hill/Elliott Co finale, but that's just me : )

  • Author

Starters played about 5 minutes in the second half but the subs came in and went on a huge run to push the game out to the final margain.

Nice offensive output by Elliott. They seem to be playing well as of late.

A great defensive effort lead to many easy buckets for the Lions tonight. Man, can Ferguson score and he does it in such a smooth way, that next thing you know he's got 30! Maynard came off the bench making 6 of 7 from the land of 3. Everyone player hard and the passing is improving every game leading to open shots and when these kids get open shots this is what can happen.

I hadn't seen Elliott play this season until tonight. I wish they'd had a tougher matchup so I could have seen the Fab Five on the floor a little longer.

 

Ferguson plays like a lumberjack on a pogo stick. The twins remind me of a pair of velociraptors escaped from Jurassic Park. Knipp and Morgan filled their roles well. Maynard came off the bench to hit three threes in a row. 8th grader Timmy Knipp even threw down a dunk. The Lions look like they're firing on all cylinders.

 

They will be a handful for whoever plays them Saturday.

WOW! Big win. Just a question, you said subs played most of the 2nd qtr. and all of the 4th. Does this mean the starters played the 3rd qtr.? If so, I would have to wonder why.

Most coaches I know will always send out the starting 5 beginning of the second half.

WOW! Big win. Just a question, you said subs played most of the 2nd qtr. and all of the 4th. Does this mean the starters played the 3rd qtr.? If so, I would have to wonder why.

Bench played a big portion of the game> Ferguson and twin's came out with about three min. left in 2ndquar. The starter's came back at beginning of third and back out with bout three and half left never to return(in that particular game!LOL!)

Bench played a big portion of the game> Ferguson and twin's came out with about three min. left in 2ndquar. The starter's came back at beginning of third and back out with bout three and half left never to return(in that particular game!LOL!)

:thumb: O.K., that is fine. I was just wondering by the score how long they were back in in the 3rd.. If I am a coach in that situation I wouldn't want to "run it up" and more importantly wouldn't want to risk injury in a obvious blowout win.

Most coaches I know will always send out the starting 5 beginning of the second half.

:thumb: See post #10.

Run it up? They only played about a half. Most coaches will let their starters see they much time just to keep sharp. The problem was Elliott was hot offensively and defensively, including thier bench and Menifee just kept trying to push the pace for some reason and they just were not ready for what hit them. Now if Rose Hill can take care of business the finals will be a great game. I do not discount Raceland playing at home. They did bounce Elliott earlier this season and Johnson always seems to have his teams ready for a big game.

If the region were played right now I believe that I would take Elliott against the field. I hope they haven't peaked too soon.

Good win Elliott. Looks like you guys were clicking on all eight cylinders and then some last night!

I just checked Menifee's scoreboard for this season and it looks like they have lost a lot of games by a wide margin. Don't they have several seniors on that team?

Good Grief, they are the Phoenix Suns! Sounds like they are on a major roll and at just the right time to make a serious run through the all-A.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.