Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paducah Tilghman at Graves County Predictions/Updates

Paducah Tilghman at Graves County 30 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Paducah Tilghman
      100%
    • Graves County
      0%
      0

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 08/26/2023 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Both teams are coming off different ends of 42-7 opening week games, Graves in a loss to Mayfield, Tilghman in a win over McCracken.  

These two have played some really good games against each other and I've always believed to be a very tough spot for PT sandwiched in between the McCracken and Mayfield games. The last 10 games in the series, PT 5, Graves County 5, including an overtime game and the 43-42 Graves County win in a thriller in 2016. Some really great battles.

As we all know, the math just doesn't always add up when looking at scores. Graves played better than the score indicated against Mayfield. They have some guys who can get it done. You just can't commit turnovers and make mistakes against Mayfield basically ever, or you'll generally pay a price. 

PT had a lot of blunders themselves on opening night, particularly being flagged way, way too many times, which created an ugly flow of the game. The lack of running game for PT also gives me reason for some concern getting into some of these more physical games. Graves is always one of those. In the 24-7 PT win a year ago, Graves looked every bit the part until the end, when they made a few mistakes Tilghman capitalized on. 

From the outside looking in, to people who only score watch to make a comparison, PT will be the favorite, but I've never looked at a whole lot of games that way. @gcbleedblue and I look at games through the same spectrum I believe as reading some of the comments provided, we break down things similarly. 

I think with Tilghman's lack of emphasis on the running game and when Mayfield did have some success, they were able to exploit the Graves secondary to a degree, I expect that to be Tilghman's game plan as well. 

I expect another close, very physical game yet again in what has become a really underrated rivalry. 

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    Chris is the brother who will be out around 6 weeks, but he's a DB. His brother Jimmy is the linebacker. Chris is a good player himself, luckily PT probably has more depth in the defensive backfield,

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    The start time for the game has been moved from 7:00 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.  I would suspect we will see a lot of games do something similiar. 

  • snakesnot_2000
    snakesnot_2000

    Alrighty, I'm gonna go with PT 35 Graves County 14.

4 hours ago, TilghmanPride said:

Both teams are coming off different ends of 42-7 opening week games, Graves in a loss to Mayfield, Tilghman in a win over McCracken.  

These two have played some really good games against each other and I've always believed to be a very tough spot for PT sandwiched in between the McCracken and Mayfield games. The last 10 games in the series, PT 5, Graves County 5, including an overtime game and the 43-42 Graves County win in a thriller in 2016. Some really great battles.

As we all know, the math just doesn't always add up when looking at scores. Graves played better than the score indicated against Mayfield. They have some guys who can get it done. You just can't commit turnovers and make mistakes against Mayfield basically ever, or you'll generally pay a price. 

PT had a lot of blunders themselves on opening night, particularly being flagged way, way too many times, which created an ugly flow of the game. The lack of running game for PT also gives me reason for some concern getting into some of these more physical games. Graves is always one of those. In the 24-7 PT win a year ago, Graves looked every bit the part until the end, when they made a few mistakes Tilghman capitalized on. 

From the outside looking in, to people who only score watch to make a comparison, PT will be the favorite, but I've never looked at a whole lot of games that way. @gcbleedblue and I look at games through the same spectrum I believe as reading some of the comments provided, we break down things similarly. 

I think with Tilghman's lack of emphasis on the running game and when Mayfield did have some success, they were able to exploit the Graves secondary to a degree, I expect that to be Tilghman's game plan as well. 

I expect another close, very physical game yet again in what has become a really underrated rivalry. 

There isn’t much emphasis on the running game but that won’t be a concern, we definitely have a running game if you keep up with the young up and comers you would be familiar with the rb he is definitely built for a physical game. But the passing game will definitely be on display and showcased for the McCracken game. 
but I got us 42-7 

  • Author
53 minutes ago, Category_F5 said:

There isn’t much emphasis on the running game but that won’t be a concern, we definitely have a running game if you keep up with the young up and comers you would be familiar with the rb he is definitely built for a physical game. But the passing game will definitely be on display and showcased for the McCracken game. 
but I got us 42-7 

I'm definitely familiar. My comment about the lack of running game didn't have anything to do with personnel, just play calling and scheme. We have some guys who can do some damage given an opportunity. Just how much chance they get is the question. 

We definitely can't be one dimensional in 4A the way the top of this class is and expect to go very far. Of course, that's just my opinion. 

Graves had trouble stopping the pass against Mayfield. What does PT like to do? 
 

I think we put up more points on the board than we did last week, but I’m just not sure we can slow down the air attack. My fandom cannot let me pick against my Eagles, so I refuse to post a score. Ha!

 

Eagles need to get through this game healthy, then the schedule softens for a couple of weeks. Hopefully they will be able to get 100% heathy those weeks and be ready for when they face Owensboro.

14 minutes ago, TilghmanPride said:

I'm definitely familiar. My comment about the lack of running game didn't have anything to do with personnel, just play calling and scheme. We have some guys who can do some damage given an opportunity. Just how much chance they get is the question. 

We definitely can't be one dimensional in 4A the way the top of this class is and expect to go very far. Of course, that's just my opinion. 

Apologies, Misunderstood and you are definitely right the scheme and play calling needs to flow better. I think it will it’s early, and I hope we will be more balanced as the season progresses. 

  I think graves scores more this game. They really are better than the score showed. Their offense moves very fluid. Their defense is really nice upfront. If PT comes into this game too confident, it could be an upset. Graves isn’t a team you can just play around with.

I feel like PT 28-20 with both teams looking a little different than they did Week 1. 

Gotta go with PT but hope this is not a trap game as last year almost was. Don't need get caught looking forward to playing the much anticipated game against Mayfield the following week. 

I heard through the grapevine that PT will be missing one of its very good linebackers.  It is one of the Mooney brothers - I believe it is Chris.  He is out for around 6 weeks, but at least is not out for the entire season.

  • Author
1 hour ago, D Wolf said:

I heard through the grapevine that PT will be missing one of its very good linebackers.  It is one of the Mooney brothers - I believe it is Chris.  He is out for around 6 weeks, but at least is not out for the entire season.

Chris is the brother who will be out around 6 weeks, but he's a DB. His brother Jimmy is the linebacker. Chris is a good player himself, luckily PT probably has more depth in the defensive backfield, especially with Carter Jr. now roaming around at safety. 

  • Author

The start time for the game has been moved from 7:00 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. 

I would suspect we will see a lot of games do something similiar. 

I think this is the best PT in the last 20 years.. I'll don't anyone going to score 3 or more TD's on this defense till playoff time. 

The PT speed should translate into PT points.  PT 42-7!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.