Bob Huggins out at West Virginia

GOREDDEVILS

2 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

I guessing Huggins has led more kids out of the gutters than he has put into them.

As is true for nearly every high school coach in the country, let alone college coaches. At some point though, enough should be enough.

However, college sports are as a whole morally bankrupt...so it won't shock me when he gets hired next March.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

It's sad that some program probably will give this 3 time loser another shot at leading young men.

Some may consider him a loser, but we all make mistakes along the way, guy is a winner and has proven that, bounce back Huggie!!!!

2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Some may consider him a loser, but we all make mistakes along the way, guy is a winner and has proven that, bounce back Huggie!!!!

He's far enough along the way that he shouldn't be making mistakes like this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

He's far enough along the way that he shouldn't be making mistakes like this.

Can’t really disagree with that statement but nobody is perfect, he will return on a major college bench and continue to get wins.

Just read where many of his former players from UC are heading to visit Huggins, he has many faults, like so many of us, and will never agree with him driving under the influence,  but he has touched many young mens lives, I hope he gets help and return in a year.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 5:56 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

DUI at Cincy.

Radio slur.

DUI at WVU.

Wow, perfection must be nice, I’m not in that category and really don’t anticipate getting there anytime soon, but Congrats to those who qualify.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nikeman49 said:

Wow, perfection must be nice, I’m not in that category and really don’t anticipate getting there anytime soon, but Congrats to those who qualify.

I don't think anyone is claiming perfection.   Actions have consequences.  He's now made 3 rather large mistakes, 2 of them in less than 6 months.   There needed to be consequences to those actions and there was.   WV fired him.   If someone hires him, no doubt he will make another "mistake" because he's proven he doesn't learn from the last ones.    Caveat emptor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

No one is perfect, but you also can't continue to screw up and not be held accountable when you are the face of an university.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

I don't think anyone is claiming perfection.   Actions have consequences.  He's now made 3 rather large mistakes, 2 of them in less than 6 months.   There needed to be consequences to those actions and there was.   WV fired him.   If someone hires him, no doubt he will make another "mistake" because he's proven he doesn't learn from the last ones.    Caveat emptor.

I guess technically WVU didn't fire him, he "resigned", but the rest holds true.

4 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Looks like we are the only two guys on here that aren't saints.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Looks like we are the only two guys on here that aren't saints.

How many chanes do you give him? Wait until he kills someone? Wait until he yells a slur on live TV?

Point is, we all make mistakes we can either learn from them and change our decision making or think we are above it all. 

• Like 1