FAU 79 Kansas State 76 (NCAA Tournament)

16thBBall Fan

What a game, very happy for Florida Atlantic! I seriously believe this is the best overall NCAA tournament I’ve ever watched. Damn, I don’t want it to end, which says a lot because I’m more of a football guy than anything when it comes to sports.

• Like 3

That was a fun game to watch. Congrats to FAU on the win! 

Nowell had such a great tournament and made so many plays for Kansas State. It was fun to watch besides seeing him do it against UK. The crazy thing is all the talk about UKs defense against him in that game by some, yet UK did a better job controlling him somewhat than any other team did in the tournament. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Nowell had such a great tournament and made so many plays for Kansas State. It was fun to watch besides seeing him do it against UK. The crazy thing is all the talk about UKs defense against him in that game by some, yet UK did a better job controlling him somewhat than any other team did in the tournament. 

Kentucky did a lot of the things they needed to win that game. Kansas State hit some crazy shots late to steal it. If Kentucky had done a better job of putting distance between them before that it wouldn’t have mattered. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

They contained Nowell better than anyone else, no doubt about that.

44 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

What a game, very happy for Florida Atlantic! I seriously believe this is the best overall NCAA tournament I’ve ever watched. Damn, I don’t want it to end, which says a lot because I’m more of a football guy than anything when it comes to sports.

I’m not that much of a college basketball fan either.  Most of the elite players are only there for a year. 

But this tournament has been a blast. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

Nowell has been a treat to watch as an individual basketball player though, one of the more entertaining and impressive I’ve watched in a long time.

He’s been fun to watch.  Too bad for him and KSU he was a deer in the headlights the last six seconds of the game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mcpapa said:

He’s been fun to watch.  Too bad for him and KSU he was a deer in the headlights the last six seconds of the game. 

2 hours ago, Kentucky Windage said:

Yeah, I have to think that he thought he was going to get the ball back. 

K St got the ball to who they wanted. Massoud hit the game winner the previous two games. FAU did a great job forcing Massoud so far out on the floor to get the ball he couldn't catch and shoot, then attacked the ball when Massoud put it on the floor.

14 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

K St got the ball to who they wanted. Massoud hit the game winner the previous two games. FAU did a great job forcing Massoud so far out on the floor to get the ball he couldn't catch and shoot, then attacked the ball when Massoud put it on the floor.

Pretty much the way I saw it too, except Nowell seemed reluctant to do it. Just seemed too casual to me. I think Nowell was setting himself up to get it right back. The Owls had Massoud marked. But by that point, there just wasn't enough time left. 

3 hours ago, mcpapa said:

Indeed.  That last possession seemed totally out of character from the guy we've seen during the tournament. 

Still a heck of a run.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DragonFire said:

Kentucky did a lot of the things they needed to win that game. Kansas State hit some crazy shots late to steal it. If Kentucky had done a better job of putting distance between them before that it wouldn’t have mattered. 

Agreed!