Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 Coaching Carousel

Featured Replies

4 hours ago, okie1 said:

What's a better job St. Johns or Syracuse?  I really don't know the answer, but on the hoof I would think Syracuse.

 

2 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Tough call. Both have good access to talent in New York City, but talent in NYC isn't as restricted to the city as it used to be. There's more money at Syracuse because of football/TV, but we've not seen Syracuse be good under anyone but Boeheim and even he hasn't exactly flourished in the ACC. That said, we've not seen St. John's be good since at least Mike Jarvis' tenure in the late-90s. I'd say the right coach could make them both a Sweet 16-caliber program, but the wrong coach could annually go 14-17 at both spots.

New York, New York >>> Syracuse, New York

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Anybody want Kenny Payne?

  • I believe Syracuse has been filled already by Boeheim's long time assistant.

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    Rick was fantastic at UK.  No doubt about it.  I don't think anyone could have turned the program around as well and as quickly as he did.  I still think he oversaw the greatest team in the program's

Posted Images

I believe Syracuse has been filled already by Boeheim's long time assistant.

On 3/9/2023 at 11:24 AM, bugatti said:

St. John's seems like a natural Rick spot, but I wish the guy would go into television. I think he is tremendous in front of a camera analyzing the game.

I see St. John’s going hard after Pitino.  

On 3/9/2023 at 9:27 AM, TheDeuce said:

Anybody want Kenny Payne?

UK fans always loved him!

On 3/11/2023 at 12:16 AM, mcpapa said:

I see St. John’s going hard after Pitino.  

And apparently there’s mutual interest. Pitino is about legacy. Imagine if he can make St Johns relevant. I’d say this is locked up in the next week after Iona is finished with the tourney. 

  • Author

Will Wade going to McNeese State...just a couple hours from his last job at LSU.

On 3/9/2023 at 11:20 AM, TheDeuce said:

Kentucky fans treated Pitino like absolute dirt when he was at Louisville. Zero chance he would ever even consider that. 

Good.  And good.

What did he think was going to happen when he took the job at UK's chief rival?  And when he chimed in on who UK should hire when Gillispie left?  And when he humiliated himself and his family?  And flipping off the crowd?

UK fans...we can admittedly be infuriating.  But I have no problems with how he was treated. 

Rick made his bed.

On 3/9/2023 at 11:24 AM, bugatti said:

St. John's seems like a natural Rick spot, but I wish the guy would go into television. I think he is tremendous in front of a camera analyzing the game.

He's an excellent analyst and has a great mind.  St. John's is a good fit but as much as I detest him, he can do better.

On 3/11/2023 at 8:08 AM, 9068 said:

UK fans always loved him!

I love Payne, but man. LOL 

I think whatever Texas does will determine a lot for several programs and coaches.

On 3/11/2023 at 12:16 AM, mcpapa said:

I see St. John’s going hard after Pitino.  

Great place for him. Perfect fit. And with NIL, transfer portal he'll get all the big NYC talent. Why do all the UK fans think a 64 year old Calipari with a lifetime contract at 9+ million a year would want to leave? They get on a 4 game streak and the fans will be wanting to give him a raise and a "perpetual care" clause in his contract like cemeteries use lol.

10 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Good.  And good.

What did he think was going to happen when he took the job at UK's chief rival?  And when he chimed in on who UK should hire when Gillispie left?  And when he humiliated himself and his family?  And flipping off the crowd?

UK fans...we can admittedly be infuriating.  But I have no problems with how he was treated. 

Rick made his bed.

Rick made UK Basketball as we know it. 

18 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Rick made UK Basketball as we know it. 

Rick was fantastic at UK.  No doubt about it.  I don't think anyone could have turned the program around as well and as quickly as he did.  I still think he oversaw the greatest team in the program's history (1996).

But UK has won national championships with 5 different coaches.  The program is bigger than any one man.  I know that sounds arrogant, but it's true.

8 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Rick made UK Basketball as we know it. 

I'm an old guy. It was UK basketball for a long time before Slick Rick.

It is being reported that Chris Beard will be the next coach at Ole Miss.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.