Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Collins 57 Simon Kenton 47 (8th Region Semifnals)

Featured Replies

SK - Dynes with 20 points / 10 rebounds for SK; the big guy didn't miss a shot from the floor (9 for 9), he was 2 for 3 at the line, and blocked 3 shots.

COL - Kenyon Goodin with 23 points

Collins shot over 60%; SK lost but shot 57.1% (20 of 35).

 

What a game from Kenyon Goodin! I watched the entire game. Although, I may have missed a couple possessions here and there. But 23-25 points, and if I am not wrong, he did not miss a single FG Attempt all night.....

Dynes has impressed me with how far he has come. He has grown dramatically since last year, and is so much more of a scoring option. 

How about the rematch of the 30th District Finals??? 

Chris Gaither with a masterful coaching job tonight.   The Titans will face Woodford in an "All-30th-District Finale."

SK finishes 22-11 on the year; Collins improves to 26-7.

 

This game did not disappoint! Tremendous effort from both teams, and what a great performance from senior guard Kenyon Goodin!

Collins started off from the tip being consistent on offense, and never really stopped for the majority of the game. Like I said before, Goodin was lights out all game. I do not remember very many times where he missed a jump shot, he even banked one in from deep. There 2 other stars (Quinton Simmons and Isiah Cochran) both had great games. Cochran set the tone on the first posession of the game going right at 7'3 Gabe Dynes in the paint, where he scored right over him. I think that Collins did a great job on Dynes, attacking him on the offensive side, and being very rough on him defensively. 

Simon Kenton's offensive woes continued tonight, and it is what got them down at the beginning of the game. Collins was very aggressive on defense, and it caused many problems for the 'Neers. Travis Krohman seemed to have a slow start, but early in the 3rd quarter he found his groove and got them back into a tight contest. Dynes was beat up on all night long, and actually handled it better than I expected him too. By far the series of the game was Goodin from Collins hitting a 3-pointer with just a few seconds left in the 1st half, and Simon Kenton pushing it down the floor and finding Dynes for a 2-handed dunk right before the buzzer sounded. 

As @ColonelMike mentioned before, the way the game was officiated would be a huge factor in both contests. I feel that the way it was called favored Collins more than it did Simon Kenton. Not because they were not fair, but they never called very many touchy fouls and let them play for the majority. Had they called these, this game might have panned out differently. 

With all of this being said, Coach Gaither with a tremendous coaching performance to get him back in the championship game with the possibily of winning his 4th regional title. Coach Steiner for Simon Kenton falls short yet again, and we will go another year of him not making it to Rupp Arena despite them being the largest school in the region. This is not due to lack of chances, they have been in the 8th Region Tournament 16 times since joining the 8th in 2005. 

Game went about as expected.

Someone's missing from this thread... 

3 hours ago, LCDAWGS19 said:

Someone's missing from this thread... 

 

2 hours ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

??

? @MaddenCurse44  ?

Hate to see the season end but once Collins took a double digit lead I knew it was going to be a big uphill climb.  I enjoyed watching Trent's team play this year even though the style was a bit different than past 15 plus years.  I thought Dynes showed more aggression last night and really liked what I saw out of him in the post.  It's going to be different not having a 7'2" center in 2023/2024. 

1 hour ago, NEERFAN said:

Hate to see the season end but once Collins took a double digit lead I knew it was going to be a big uphill climb.  I enjoyed watching Trent's team play this year even though the style was a bit different than past 15 plus years.  I thought Dynes showed more aggression last night and really liked what I saw out of him in the post.  It's going to be different not having a 7'2" center in 2023/2024. 

Hey, I'm serious.  Has there been any chatter of him using a covid year and coming back?

1 hour ago, 4 Quarters said:

Hey, I'm serious.  Has there been any chatter of him using a covid year and coming back?

I could be wrong but I think this year was his Covid year.  

1 hour ago, NEERFAN said:

I could be wrong but I think this year was his Covid year.  

I thought so too. 

This is his COVID year. The next chapter starts now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.