South Charleston 63 Elliott Co. 60

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main thing is the team and they are 5-1 since the change. Sometime's you have to play player's who are better at defense than scoring! If the kid is still playing the same amount of minute's as RA09 stated what does it matter if he start's or not!

Ask Maynard how big of move it was.

As for the shot rickyp, just as RA09 stated that was as close as shot as was allowed with the time remaining and if anyone should take a 25 footer its Maynard.

If your saying it effects Maynard in a Negative way he is not much of a team player. Maybe they put him on the bench to motivate him?

If your saying it effects Maynard in a Negative way he is not much of a team player. Maybe they put him on the bench to motivate him?

No, I'm not saying it has affective him in a negative way, just how big of deal would it be to any kid? He is def the team player, always looking to the post or the pass on the break.

Ask Maynard how big of move it was.

As for the shot rickyp, just as RA09 stated that was as close as shot as was allowed with the time remaining and if anyone should take a 25 footer its Maynard.

My point was/is that he took two shots and one of them was a long 3 at the buzzer. Just completing the play by play.

I don't care who they play. They are fun to watch and are great competitors.

It probably did at first the way it would any player at any level all the way thru the pro's. Just last night on UK's game the announcers made the comment about a Miss St player making the comment in the newspaper that he should be starting. All kids feel that way and most coaches want them to. However I think you will see a kid in Maynard that will only work harder & be more determined than ever. As far as a team player he is probably more of a team player than anyone they put on the floor. All the kids are playing hard & doing well so lets not start turmoil. As Ronald Regan said to Jimmy Carter in those famous debates I will say to you Sportsfan 1977 "There You go again" No need for such a comment

Who does? He is outpreforming his "replacement" in every stat since the change, except minutes played, lol.

Stat wise he may be outperforming the Knipp kid but Knipp does bring more to the defensive side of the ball and the team is doing well with the new lineup so you cannot disagree with that. Maynard needs to continue to work hard & bring more effort on "D" which I think you will see going forward.

It probably did at first the way it would any player at any level all the way thru the pro's. Just last night on UK's game the announcers made the comment about a Miss St player making the comment in the newspaper that he should be starting. All kids feel that way and most coaches want them to. However I think you will see a kid in Maynard that will only work harder & be more determined than ever. As far as a team player he is probably more of a team player than anyone they put on the floor. All the kids are playing hard & doing well so lets not start turmoil. As Ronald Regan said to Jimmy Carter in those famous debates I will say to you Sportsfan 1977 "There You go again" No need for such a comment

I am not downing the kid. I said IF getting benched was effecting him in a negative way he is not much of a team player.

The first night he didn't start he came off the bench and really gave it 110%. Close to his best perf. of the season. After that he kinda seem to get down on himself which he don't need to do because Elliott need's him at 100% whether he's coming off the bench or not. He can help this team a lot and is an important part. He need's to work even harder get his head up and help make his team better which he can definately do, whether starting or not. Who know's he may get back in the lineup and if not he will still be a very important part if he plays the we we know that he can!!!! Sometimes life kicks you so you have to get tougher and kick it back! As I have said many a time "GO MAYNARD"!!!

Whats the use of working hard all the time if you cant advance yourself or in his case get his starting job back.

Who's saying he can't? What is it to you(if you are really royal blue)? It always pay's to work hard because you definately cant get ahead if you dont! I think you are trying to stir something up! Last but not least "I" would like to meet you "in the flesh" and discuss it!!!! Let me know (p.m. me) if you want to set up a meeting:fight: :madman:

The first night he didn't start he came off the bench and really gave it 110%. Close to his best perf. of the season. After that he kinda seem to get down on himself which he don't need to do because Elliott need's him at 100% whether he's coming off the bench or not. He can help this team a lot and is an important part. He need's to work even harder get his head up and help make his team better which he can definately do, whether starting or not. Who know's he may get back in the lineup and if not he will still be a very important part if he plays the we we know that he can!!!! Sometimes life kicks you so you have to get tougher and kick it back! As I have said many a time "GO MAYNARD"!!!

Very well said!:thumb:

Whats the use of working hard all the time if you cant advance yourself or in his case get his starting job back.
:rolleyes:

You can't have much pride to make a statement like that. If he doesnt work hard, which isnt going to be the case at all, he will just fall farther back. That would be the main reason to work harder. Who is to say he can't get his spot back? Also, how could you be sastified with yourself if you put so much time into something but put no effort behind it? If you arent going to put the effort behind what your doing, whats the use of wasting your time doing it? But like I said, this isnt going to happen.