South Charleston 63 Elliott Co. 60

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not picking sides in that arguement just making a point. But actually Knipp and Maynard are both transfers from different schools, Knipp caming moved a year before Maynard. Knipp has lived in Elliott Co. all his life but lives where he was as close to the West Carter school system as Elliott Co and I guess his parents chose that school due to the fact that they graduated from there. Maynard came from Scott Co. after his Freshman year after playing AAU ball with his now high school teammates for 2 years.:thumb:

I agree he will continue to work very hard. But, I have watched 3 of the games since the switch and in the 1st game against East (as stated above he played well) he had 12 pts and 7 rebounds and in another loopsided game he had 14 and 4 and has contiuned to pick up his defense and his passing has been good. So like RoyalBlue stated, what does it take? Despite putting up better stats than his replacement, not saying he is a bad player, his minutes have went down.

I believe there is more to the situation. Do you know if he has done anything off the court to deserve this? From all indications he seems to be a nice young man.

But with the new line-up Elliott Co is 5-1, with the only loss coming this past weekend, and Maynard is providing a huge spark off the bench. Maynard has done nothing off the court, just something had to change after the start that Elliott County took off too. Elliott is now getting to where they should be and as long as they contuine to play good I think everyone will be happy. Like I said earlier, Maynard is going to contuine to bust his butt everyday and try to get his starting spot back, but if they contuine to win and he contuines to play well off the bench then why change it? And royalblue, he is going to keep working hard because he wants to contuine to get better, and he wants to contuine to help this team win, starting or not.

But with the new line-up Elliott Co is 5-1, and Maynard is providing a huge spark off the bench. Maynard has done nothing off the court, just something had to change after the start that Elliott County took off too. Elliott is now getting to where they should be and as long as they contuine to play good I think everyone will be happy. Like I said earlier, Maynard is going to contuine to bust his butt everyday and try to get his starting spot back, but if they contuine to win and he contuines to play well off the bench then why change it? And royalblue, he is going to keep working hard because he wants to contuine to get better, and he wants to contuine to help this team win, starting or not.

Nice post!!!

But with the new line-up Elliott Co is 5-1, with the only loss coming this past weekend, and Maynard is providing a huge spark off the bench. Maynard has done nothing off the court, just something had to change after the start that Elliott County took off too. Elliott is now getting to where they should be and as long as they contuine to play good I think everyone will be happy. Like I said earlier, Maynard is going to contuine to bust his butt everyday and try to get his starting spot back, but if they contuine to win and he contuines to play well off the bench then why change it? And royalblue, he is going to keep working hard because he wants to contuine to get better, and he wants to contuine to help this team win, starting or not.

I would dare to say that Elliott would still be 5-1 with him in the starting lineup. Lets review: A win over East, a win over Rowan, a win over Fleming, a win over Lewis, a win over Menifee, and a loss to SC. I do not see a game that would have changed with him in the lineup. Not the toughest of teams in a row is it?

I would dare to say that Elliott would still be 5-1 with him in the starting lineup. Lets review: A win over East, a win over Rowan, a win over Fleming, a win over Lewis, a win over Menifee, and a loss to SC. I do not see a game that would have changed with him in the lineup. Not the toughest of teams in a row is it?

They beat East by 2 and lost by 1 with the old lineup. With the new lineup they blew East out of the water to start the game and won by 21. They beat Rowan by 15.

We really will never know whether they could have won those game's with him in the starting lineup because it never happened, but we do know that with him starting Elliott beat East by 2 at home, lost to East by 1 at home. Playing East on their home floor with Knipp in the lineup Elliott won by 21. And they have been on a roll every since including playing within three of S.C. whose only loss's have been to the #1 team in the state of W.V,(by only 19) and Capitol also one of the top ranked team's in W.V. Why would anyone want to mess with that unless it was for their own personal satisfaction!!

They beat East by 2 and lost by 1 with the old lineup. With the new lineup they blew East out of the water to start the game and won by 21. They beat Rowan by 15.

And?

The "old" lineup also had huge leads over East. So I guess they "blew them out of the water to start" too.

:flame:

You seem to always talk about Maynard's defense as in all the previouse loses were his fault on the defensive end.

All I am saying is the 5 that start the game play better team defense then the OLD 5 did. For example If Ethan has to help off on somebody's man he will let his man score.

Yea but they lost a couple before that they shouldn't have. Maynard gives a huge spark off the bench and the minutes have not changed much. Knipp works his butt off too. Both kids would love to start, but what does it matter? The minutes are the same and Maynard plays better off the bench that Knipp does. It is not about parents or politics in this case. It is about what is better for the team and the team is better after the change. When a sub comes in and helps the team and provides an offensive and energetic boost it can do nothing but help. I think some posters are either talking about a problem that does not exist or trying to create one.

Yea but they lost a couple before that they shouldn't have. Maynard gives a huge spark off the bench and the minutes have not changed much. Knipp works his butt off too. Both kids would love to start, but what does it matter? The minutes are the same and Maynard plays better off the bench that Knipp does. It is not about parents or politics in this case. It is about what is better for the team and the team is better after the change. When a sub comes in and helps the team and provides an offensive and energetic boost it can do nothing but help. I think some posters are either talking about a problem that does not exist or trying to create one.

Don't know that I have read as true or more appropriate post than this one!! Go BogeyMan!!!

I have no "Dog in this Hunt" so my opinion is completely objective. It does not matter who starts as long as the team is winning and most importantly, getting better. I know it is human nature that we often look at individual interest first (I admit that I have been guilty). Competition for starting spots will only promote competition among players ultimately making everyone better.

Don't lose site of the ultimate goal.......Winning the 16th region.

I would love to see you guys in Rupp Arena!!!!!!!