Lloyd Memorial 67 Simon Kenton 55

24 minutes ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

I think only giving up over 55 points 8 games this season is a lot more impressive. You see a lot more low scoring games in the postseason, and the Pioneers seem to fare well in those games. 

Some of the teams they “held” under 55 are also really really bad teams that might struggle to score 55 in a 6 quarter game.  Full disclosure, I’ve seen them play and just not a believer at all. but they could prove me wrong!

Went back and looked- the regional winners last 5 years all averaged in 60s in Henry over 3 games and in the championship game the winner scored 60 or more every single time. Some earlier round games were lower scoring- almost always involving Collins. But if you can’t score in the 60s, history says you aren’t winning the region. 

14 minutes ago, Hoopstars said:

Some of the teams they “held” under 55 are also really really bad teams that might struggle to score 55 in a 6 quarter game.  Full disclosure, I’ve seen them play and just not a believer at all. but they could prove me wrong!

Went back and looked- the regional winners last 5 years all averaged in 60s in Henry over 3 games and in the championship game the winner scored 60 or more every single time. Some earlier round games were lower scoring- almost always involving Collins. But if you can’t score in the 60s, history says you aren’t winning the region. 

I agree, I do not see them winning the region. But I do expect them to make some noise, and the earlier round games you mentioned proved that pont.