Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 77 Duquesne 52

Featured Replies

Final from Rupp. The Cats improve to 2-0 on the season with a big week ahead with a game with Michigan State on Tuesday then at #2 Gonzaga on Sunday. The Cats were lead by Frederick with 14 points.

  • Author

Ugonna Onyenso Continues to impress.

Onyenso was very effective tonight.  Wallace, Fredrick, & Reeves were outstanding as well.  Very fun trio of guards.

Lance Ware was terrible and will get little PT when Oscar & Collins get back.  And I will never enjoy watching Wheeler play basketball. 

4 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Onyenso was very effective tonight.  Wallace, Fredrick, & Reeves were outstanding as well.  Very fun trio of guards.

Lance Ware was terrible and will get little PT when Oscar & Collins get back.  And I will never enjoy watching Wheeler play basketball. 

Wheeler seems so out of control when he's on a fast break drive and his form on that long three was hard to look at. 

Hopefully he'll knock the rust of quickly. 

11 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Onyenso was very effective tonight.  Wallace, Fredrick, & Reeves were outstanding as well.  Very fun trio of guards.

Lance Ware was terrible and will get little PT when Oscar & Collins get back.  And I will never enjoy watching Wheeler play basketball. 

Agree, don’t see how Ware can play much at all when Oscar gets back!

Wheeler is one of those players that coaches like to say “goes exploring” way too much!!  Puts himself in bad situations by trying to create something when it isn’t there and he’s not talented enough to do that 

12 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Onyenso was very effective tonight.  Wallace, Fredrick, & Reeves were outstanding as well.  Very fun trio of guards.

I really like Reeves off the bench. He’s instant offense and he’s ultimately playing starters minutes anyway.

8 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I really like Reeves off the bench. He’s instant offense and he’s ultimately playing starters minutes anyway.

Yes

21 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Wheeler seems so out of control when he's on a fast break drive and his form on that long three was hard to look at. 

Hopefully he'll knock the rust of quickly. 

I'll admit when I'm wrong. I was watching UK passively while listening to HS Football last night. Every time I noticed Wheeler he was doing something bad. I rewatched the game again this morning and now realize that Wheeler had a strong game, much stronger than I thought.

 

My bad Sahvir, sorry.

Fredrick has to have more shots, best shooter in the nation.

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I'll admit when I'm wrong. I was watching UK passively while listening to HS Football last night. Every time I noticed Wheeler he was doing something bad. I rewatched the game again this morning and now realize that Wheeler had a strong game, much stronger than I thought.

 

My bad Sahvir, sorry.

He did some good things, but he's still very frustrating to watch. 

Question: Should Reeves and Fredrick be on the court together for long stretches? (They may be the best shooting duo that I can remember being at UK, making it almost impossible to zone this team.) If so, who else would you put out there with them?

Or,

Do you just rotate them making sure one is always in?

25 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Question: Should Reeves and Fredrick be on the court together for long stretches? (They may be the best shooting duo that I can remember being at UK, making it almost impossible to zone this team.) If so, who else would you put out there with them?

Or,

Do you just rotate them making sure one is always in?

I like those two with Wallace, Oscar, & Toppin.  

That said, gchs makes a good point about Reeves coming off the bench.

9 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Question: Should Reeves and Fredrick be on the court together for long stretches? (They may be the best shooting duo that I can remember being at UK, making it almost impossible to zone this team.) If so, who else would you put out there with them?

Or,

Do you just rotate them making sure one is always in?

I think you need to avoid having them out there together for very long stretches, because then you risk possibly both needing a break at the same time. However, you definitely need to always have one of them out there all game. Then find your moments when you have both out there too.  
 

I like this for the starting lineup. Wallace, Fredrick, Livingston, Toppin, Oscar. Then you have instant scoring off the bench in Reeves, and also instant energy off the bench in Wheeler. Then you also have good length and shot blocking to bring in off the bench too. So Cal definitely has a lot of tools to work with. Which I agree Ware will eventually be the odd man out. Thiero is another good guard that I like too, that looks a lot better than expected and may be able to help some this year. 

I liked how Wheeler was used Friday night. Felt like he gave a nice spark to the offense when he came off the bench. He would be a much better player if he occasionally shifted into a lower gear.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.