Tennessee 52 Alabama 49

16thBBall Fan

17 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

A interesting point in this game is that the 52 points scored by Tennessee today on Alabama is the most points they have given up since 1907 that's 115 years ago.

It was off the hook for Bama today and it was so fun to watch. 

• Like 2

Whoever the Alabama receiver was that dropped the pass late in the game has to be sick to his stomach. He catches it, the Tide win.

Bryce Young showed me a lot in the loss. I've never seen a QB get hit as hard as he did multiple times and just hop back up like he did.

Tremendous atmosphere in Knoxville and after two decades of ineptitude (by their standards), it is good to have UT back relevant again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Raven said:

The university has already raised over $67,000 to replace the pulled down and Tennessee River deposited goal posts.   I hope they replace them on the university's dime and donate the raised money to a charity.

So the University, which literally brings in millions of dollars on the backs of the football program is doing a "Go Fund Me" for a new goal post? I saw this and was hoping it was joke.

6 hours ago, 9068 said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see a private donor replace the goalposts and another pay the 100k SEC penalty. What does the SEC need with a 100k? Their TV deal is massive.

That's a safety measure.  All it takes is one student to get hurt rushing the field and all the sudden there are lawsuits all over the place.  But honestly with the money SEC schools pull in in FB, 100K isn't really a deterrent.  Hit them for a few million and things will get tighter down on the field.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Raven said:

That's a safety measure.  All it takes is one student to get hurt rushing the field and all the sudden there are lawsuits all over the place.  But honestly with the money SEC schools pull in in FB, 100K isn't really a deterrent.  Hit them for a few million and things will get tighter down on the field.

There was a young lady severely injured by goalposts being pulled down years ago. For several seasons many schools had goalposts with a pin in them. When removed the posts would fold down. I understand the safety issues entirely. Have been surprised that there has not been an issue with the crowd on the field...only takes one loose cannon.