Campbell County at Ryle Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2022 at 10:59 PM

The Camels visit Ryle this Friday night after both a bye week and their biggest win of the season over George Rogers Clark.  Ryle is coming off their worst defeat of the season against #1 St. X where the Raiders only had 30 yards of offense and 4 turnovers.  This should be a close game, right?  Who wins this 6A district matchup?

3 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I think Ryle has a good defense just were worn down from all the three and outs against St. X. I think Ryle will have more offensive success against Campbell County. I think Ryle wins a competitive game.

Right, in fairness to Ryle they were overmatched against X but I think they are a little better than Campbell. 

• Like 2

How awesome is it to see Campbell being competitive again? The GRC win definitely raised my eyebrow and I’m sure a few others. I hope they haven’t peaked yet, but looks like they have shaken off the distractions and started to play better little by little. Should make for a really good game out in Union. Ryle has to protect the football if they want to keep this game from getting away from them. I think they have the running game to sustain drives and keep the Camels off the field. I’d like to see them do that more. Ryle starts to get into trouble when they throw. Hope they aren’t looking past this game to next week.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Who will play qb for Ryle? The X/Ryle thread someone said Verax got injured? 

TBD at this point sounds like Verax may be able to go pending how protocol goes this week but outside of that not sure they went through 3 after he went out of the game at St. X one being a RB. Don't think they wanted to fully throw the freshman in against a St X team but they got him a few snaps but against the camels I could see he may get more of a look if his older brother doesn't go.  

In all fairness I don't think anyone in district 6 6a is beating or coming close to St X. Ryle D played great till they got gassed and the offense struggled against the best defense in the state hands down. But the Ryle offense has some clean up to do I think they bounce back this week. 

• Like 1

It’s fun to see the Camels getting better. Something that hardly gets mentioned is the 3 sophomore receivers. Very talented group. Sophomore and Junior class are talented. Glad to see some momentum building in Claryville. Next year I expect them to win their district. 

Camels 20-14 winners on Friday night 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Is the QB for CC that broke his arm/hand back? I know he has been playing some defense while he's been hurt but he could really help getting some reps on offense, even if it isn't at QB. 

I would say the coaching staff is already aware of his ability to help since he played both ways in the GRC game.  

9 hours ago, Bluebird99 said:

I would say the coaching staff is already aware of his ability to help since he played both ways in the GRC game.  

I was not inferring they were not aware; I asked a very simply and fair question as I am rooting for CC to beat Ryle. I did not know he played both ways against GRC. I was simply asking if he was healthy. Sheesh, defensive much? 

On 10/4/2022 at 8:36 AM, Kenny Powers said:

I was not inferring they were not aware; I asked a very simply and fair question as I am rooting for CC to beat Ryle. I did not know he played both ways against GRC. I was simply asking if he was healthy. Sheesh, defensive much? 

I didn’t say you were inferring they were not aware.  I simply made a statement that concludes he is healthy, he could really help the offense, and that you are correct about him playing defense.  Sheesh, defensive much?

• Haha 1