Southwestern at North Laurel Predictions/Updates

DevilMayCare

Warriors vs. Jaguars  

18 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2022 at 11:00 PM

6uk1fk.thumb.jpg.cd879b92f729f359f209409cb1bbf90e.jpg

London Calling For Warriors In District Clash

Records: Southwestern (5-0) | North Laurel (4-1)

BGP Ranking: Southwestern (#6 in 5A)

Series History: Southwestern leads 8-4 all-time

Table Setter: Is North Laurel ready to make good on the promise of a junior class that were middle school state champions a few years ago? A visit from the 5th ranked Warriors should provide a measure of clarity on that matter. If great things are expected from a given class, junior year is typically when talent and experience begin to converge and potential blossoms into results. We got a sneak peak at what the Jags are capable of on September 2nd, when they did what only a select few eastern Kentucky schools have pulled off over the past decade: go toe to toe with Johnson Central for four quarters and have their hand raised.

We don't have to wait on Southwestern to reveal itself. After a decade of winning football, we know who the Warriors are. They've won the last three 5A District 8 championships and haven't missed a beat this season. They're a legitimate top ten program with aspirations that extend well beyond district borders, though another district crown is assuredly on the to-do list. It all starts this week with a visit to London. Tanner Wright has quietly put together a sensational career running the ball, with 4,000 career yards on the horizon. He'll be running at a defense that's only allowed 8 ppg over the last month. 

Southwestern burst North Laurel's bubble last year. We'll find out this week how much they've grown in the year since.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nuke LaLoosh said:

District 8 has 3 really good teams in it.  This game should be a good one.  I am thinking somewhat of an upset with N. Laurel winning in a close one 28-27

Not saying its not an upset, but North Laurel has a victory over Johnson Central this season. A win here for me isn’t an upset.. What’s everyone else’s opinion?

17 hours ago, DearToday said:

This game is huge because if you don’t win this district then you’re going to Woodford round 2 of playoffs.

But if you finish third, you have a winnable first round road game and a second chance at your own district champion - and avoid Woodford all together. Is it better to be third than second?

18 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

Not saying its not an upset, but North Laurel has a victory over Johnson Central this season. A win here for me isn’t an upset.. What’s everyone else’s opinion?

I knew they had, which is why I feel this will be a good game, but if we go by rankings, like them or not, it will be viewed as an upset IMO.  That district is definitely top heavy.

• Like 1