Covington Catholic 14 Cooper 7

Just now, MaddenCurse44 said:

I knew it was a good match up for Cooper almost got it.

Cov Cath lost their top receiver early in the 1Q and one of their starting linemen early in the 2Q.

Cov Cath also ended the game by kneeling it with the ball 3rd and goal on the 1.

Closer game than I'd like...but Cooper didn't "almost get it."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Cooper's line moves bodies around, but got tired. I believe most of them were sophomores, if I'm not mistaken. They're gonna look GOOD in a year or two.

I agree Cooper is a team to watch the next couple of years. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Cov Cath lost their top receiver early in the 1Q and one of their starting linemen early in the 2Q.

Cov Cath also ended the game by kneeling it with the ball 3rd and goal on the 1.

Closer game than I'd like...but Cooper didn't "almost get it."

Let’s also not act like Covcath ending at the one yard line was an indication that this wasn’t a close game and very up for grabs for Cooper to win. Cooper very much did almost get it. Especially when you leave out how Cooper literally was probably an inch a way from tying the game  in the second half on a pass in the back of the end zone. The whole second half was a one possession game, with CovCath not really doing anything offensively all second half until their last drive.  The last drive was the only drive CovCath had in the second half and took the final 3 minutes off the clock to end it. 

At the end of the day CovCath made the plays that had to be made and won, but yes this contest was very much up for grabs all game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Let’s also not act like Covcath ending at the one yard line was an indication that this wasn’t a close game and very up for grabs for Cooper to win. Cooper very much did almost get it. Especially when you leave out how Cooper literally was probably an inch a way from tying the game  in the second half on a pass in the back of the end zone. The whole second half was a one possession game, with CovCath not really doing anything offensively all second half until their last drive.  The last drive was the only drive CovCath had in the second half and took the final 3 minutes off the clock to end it. 

At the end of the day CovCath made the plays that had to be made and won, but yes this contest was very much up for grabs all game. 

All depends on the color of the glasses your looking through. From where I sat, Cooper was physical and has good, young players.

Cov Cath had a handful of backwards moving plays, and tons of penalties. Cooper had a handful of penalties and tons of backwards moving plays. Hard telling which team shot itself in the foot more.

Tons of ifs and buts. We all know that saying.

The game was closer than I expected. Cooper had a chance to tie the game a second time in a 1st and goal sotuation and and moved the ball backwards for 4 downs instead. Cov Cath had a chance to win the game by two touchdowns at the end, and their momentum in the last possession would have done it. They chose not to and opted to end the game instead.

Closer than expected? Yes.

"Very much up for grabs all game"? No.

I think the total offensive yardage tallies, when we see them, are going to be telling of how "very much up for grabs" this was.

12 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I know nothing about what happened in this game but I will guess Owen Leen was not able to run the ball in this one like he did last week. I say that because Lonaker is one heck of a linebacker. '

Right or wrong about Leen and the CCH rushing attack tonight?

Not quite as many as last week....but he probably had 25+ carries. Doubtful on the same yardage, but it may not be too too far off. I could be wrong.

• Thanks 1