Saint Xavier vs. Trinity Predictions/Updates

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2022 at 12:00 AM

St. X (3-1) and Trinity (3-2) will meet Friday at Cardinal Stadium at 8:00 pm. 

St. X is coming off their 1st loss of the season to Elder (OH) 24-13. The Tigers held a 13-10 lead late in the 3rd quarter but gave up two touchdowns in the 4th quarter. QB Trevor Havill had his best game throwing 260 yds and 1 td. The defense was led in tackles by Kanon Williams (9) and Jackson Panariello (8). Purdue commit Micah Carter also registered two sacks.

Trinity is coming off a 23-21 loss to Male. Male raced out to a 20-0 lead but the Shamrocks responded by clawing back taking a 21-20 lead, but had a punt blocked which set up a Male fg to win the game in the last seconds. Due to injuries, Trinity started their 3rd string QB and overall he played well for his first varsity start, passing for 123 yards and two touchdowns. WR Jeremiah Pirtle had a big game with 96 receiving yards with 2 tds. The defense was led in tackles by Brady McEnaney (7) with all of them solo. Cole Wickliffe (7) with 4 solo. Starting QB Andrew Allen has had a injured ankle and didn't play against Male. I don't know if he will be available this Friday or not.

Last year St. X won 35-28.

Common Opponent:

St. X 24 Male 10

Male 23 Trinity 21

Both teams strength is the defensive units and this looks to be a lower scoring close game. Trinity has a great kicker who could make the difference. As always in a close game, special teams and turnovers could play a factor. Both teams coming off losses along with the rivalry should have them focused in practice this week. Does St. X make it two in a row or does Trinity avenge last year's loss? 

36876562_SaintXaviervsTrinity.jpg.c28b67732d6ff4b6cbb778f8a3ae030a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm just glad this rivalry is competitive again, many years I was hoping my Tigers would pull the upset but knew the Green & White on the other side of the stadium was going to be giddy. I thought do they ever just get a little tired of winning. It was like facing the evil empire but with no Jedi Knights. I won't have that feeling Friday and expect my Tigers to win by 7 but I'll take more if get it. I do think Trinity can win but I think the Tigers get it done.

• Like 1

Trinity's most valuable asset here is Kellen McLaughlin, the patron saint of kickers. He gives the Rocks a legit threat for points from 50 yards or more and he'll make the Tigers work for their points, as well. 

I think St. X wins either way, but Trinity being at full strength could make it really interesting. Ultimately, I'm not sure they can muster enough offense to win. 

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Saint Xavier vs. Trinity Predictions/Updates
  • theguru locked this topic