2022 7th-8th Game Scores

17 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Blue Colonels won 7th grade game.  8th grade rolled over Twenhofel 

Birds vs. Twenhofel was 16-0 with 3 minutes left. Sloppy play. Too many turnovers and penalties. Play calling was similar as we have seen in some of the Varsity games. Passing when they are up late in the game and stopping the clock. Would like to see these kids taught better situational football. Tightest game we have seen this season. The RB and QB for Twenhofel will be good High School players. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Birds vs. Twenhofel was 16-0 with 3 minutes left. Sloppy play. Too many turnovers and penalties. Play calling was similar as we have seen in some of the Varsity games. Passing when they are up late in the game and stopping the clock. Would like to see these kids taught better situational football. Tightest game we have seen this season. The RB and QB for Twenhofel will be good High School players. 

Didn’t end up 38-8?

15 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Didn’t end up 38-8?

Yes. Impressive last 3 minutes including a kickoff return for a TD. Longest 3 minutes of any game I have seen with 30 combined points being scored 🙂. This team has a ton of talent just want things cleaned up. Saw helmets being thrown on sideline for example and nothing being done about it. 

55 minutes ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Yes. Impressive last 3 minutes including a kickoff return for a TD. Longest 3 minutes of any game I have seen with 30 combined points being scored 🙂. This team has a ton of talent just want things cleaned up. Saw helmets being thrown on sideline for example and nothing being done about it. 

I see that on Friday nights and not addressed.

1 hour ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Final was 32-8.  I only saw one instance, where HMS QB made a bad throw and got frustrated.  Multiple coaches pulled him aside and talked to him.  Who's to say how the coaches address similar issues at practice.  From my observation, this has not been an issue on the 8th grade team this season.

Beechwood is no longer hosting the championships.  Not sure why as it's been scheduled for there since the beginning of the season. Now instead of a neutral field, the top seeds are hosting the games.

7th grade championship now being played at CovCath Wednesday at 7:00

CovCath vs Campbell County

8th grade championship (large school) now being played at Highlands Saturday at 7:00

Highlands vs Turkey Foot

8th grade championship (small school), not sure on the location or date.

On 10/25/2022 at 9:05 AM, nees1212 said:

Beechwood is no longer hosting the championships.  Not sure why as it's been scheduled for there since the beginning of the season. Now instead of a neutral field, the top seeds are hosting the games.

7th grade championship now being played at CovCath Wednesday at 7:00

CovCath vs Campbell County

8th grade championship (large school) now being played at Highlands Saturday at 7:00

Highlands vs Turkey Foot

8th grade championship (small school), not sure on the location or date.

The sites are dertermined in the spring prior to the season. Unfortunately, what tends to happen is with the games on rotation between school, they will offer to host and then when their team is not playing in the game they will back out. Not sure if this is what happend this year. But that was the case the past two years. 

On 10/12/2022 at 1:06 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Cov Cath's Colonel Youth Football program has teams playing in the NKMSAA and the GCYL both, as mentioned.

NKMSAA:
CYF 7th Grade: Currently 7-0 after beating Highlands 36-0 last week. Their final regular season game will be this weekend against Turkeyfoot, who they beat 24-6 earlier in the season.

CYF 7th & 8th Combined: I believe they have 5 losses? I think? Not positive about these guys. This is sort of a JV team, as @nees1212 said, and they are competing in the small school division.

GCYL:
CYF 3rd Grade: Currently 2-4 in Flight C of the Pony Division. Fifth place in Flight C.

CYF 3rd & 4th Combined: Currently 5-1 in Flight C of Pony Division. 4th place in Flight C.

CFY 4th Grade: Currently 6-0 in Flight A of Pony Division. 1st place in Flight A.

CYF 5th Grade: Currently 2-4 in Flight C of Reserve Division. 4th place in Flight C.

CYF 5th & 6th Combined: Currently 2-3 in Flight C of Reserve Division. 3rd place in Flight C.

CYF 6th Grade: Currently 7-0 in Flight A of Reserve Division. 1st place in Flight A.

CYF 8th Grade: Currently 5-2 in Flight A of Varsity Division. 2nd place in Flight A.

CYF 4th Grade won the GCYL Pony Division, Flight A.

CYF 6th Grade was the runner up in the GCYL Reserve Division, Flight A.

CYF 7th Grade won the NKMSAA championship.

CYF 8th Grade was the runner up in the GCYL Varsity Division, Flight A.