2022 Fantasy Football Discussion

Figured we'd start another general Fantasy Football thread for this season.

I have my draft tonight.  12 Team league. Half PPR.  I kept Aaron Jones.

With my second pick.  Who would you go with if they were all available:

Leonard Fournette, James Conner, Nick Chubb, Tyreke Hill, Keenan Allen, Travis Kelce or Mark Andrews?

On 8/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, The Double Deuce said:

My draft is Sunday night, no keepers, I pick 9th (10 team league).  Assume I'll have my choice of Dalvin Cook and Najee Harris, but heck, you never know how it will go.  I'm assuming 3 dudes will take WR's ahead of me, so that will make things a little clearer for me.

Only 1 WR went ahead of me, along with 7 RB's, so I actually ended up with Cooper Kupp at the 9th pick.  Then, unbelievably, the dude picking 10th was bananas, so I ended up getting JaMarr Chase at 12.  Now I pray for health.  

2 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Only 1 WR went ahead of me, along with 7 RB's, so I actually ended up with Cooper Kupp at the 9th pick.  Then, unbelievably, the dude picking 10th was bananas, so I ended up getting JaMarr Chase at 12.  Now I pray for health.  

Damn, that's incredible.

Whose your two RBs to go along side them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Damn, that's incredible.

Whose your two RBs to go along side them?

We start two RBs and my options are Fournette, Dobbins, B. Hall, and Pollard.

We start three WRs and my options are Kupp, Chase, Evans, Jeudy, Mooney, G. Davis, and A. Cooper.

We also start a FLEX which, in our PPR league, is usually a 4th WR.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As usual, my draft plan went down the toilet!  Waited to long at QB — need a big year from Lance.  Hill, Hollywood, and St Brown at WR.  CMC, Zeke, and AJ Dillon at RB.  Some bum at TE.  It’s a competitive league, so most do a decent job drafting. 12 -man league.  1-pt PPR.  Start 2-Rb, 2-Wr, and 1-Flex.  Since, I don’t like my draft — I will just hope I get lucky!

10 hours ago, FatNate said:

As usual, my draft plan went down the toilet!  Waited to long at QB — need a big year from Lance.  Hill, Hollywood, and St Brown at WR.  CMC, Zeke, and AJ Dillon at RB.  Some bum at TE.  It’s a competitive league, so most do a decent job drafting. 12 -man league.  1-pt PPR.  Start 2-Rb, 2-Wr, and 1-Flex.  Since, I don’t like my draft — I will just hope I get lucky!

Feels like Amon St. Brown is about to explode. And Dillion feels like a good RB3. Hollywood will be interesting for 6 weeks (I have him as my WR3).

Your QB is interesting. If he puts up 60-70 yards rushing an an occasional TD, you might be pleased. 

How did we do in week one?   I was splitsville on FanDuel.  I won in my season long league with an average score.  And my team isn’t very good.  It appears I was wrong about Zeke and I have no confidence that Godwin can contribute this season.  It’s only week one, but isn’t over reacting to one week of performance the football way!

11 hours ago, FatNate said:

How did we do in week one?   I was splitsville on FanDuel.  I won in my season long league with an average score.  And my team isn’t very good.  It appears I was wrong about Zeke and I have no confidence that Godwin can contribute this season.  It’s only week one, but isn’t over reacting to one week of performance the football way!

Split in my two leagues, and broke even in Daily. Injuries to Kittle and Najee Harris affected my score in the league I lost. I’m not real happy with either team, but I started really slow last year in both leagues and won one, and finished 2nd in the other, so I’m not pushing the panic button yet.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, FatNate said:

Four weeks complete.  Anyone building/running a monster team this year?  4-0?  Anyone crushing the DFS circuit?   My year long drafted team is 2-2.  Horrible at QB, but should make the playoffs.  

Started out 0-2.  Both winnable weeks.  Lost Higgins early in week one and then lost Conner with a quarter to go in week 2.  I think I had a good shot at winning both had those injuries not happened.  Won the next two weeks and sitting at 2-2.

I still don't know how but was able to capitalize on the injury that wasn't with Dalvin Cook.  I traded Alexander Mattison for DK Metcalf, which was a nice boost to my WR corps because Baker Mayfield has made DJ Moore terrible. Also grabbing Higbee off free agency early on really helped cause Schultz has been worthless.

Feels like its gonna be a struggle to get into the playoffs but I'll keep grinding.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...