George Rogers Clark 28 Cooper 0

theguru

Really tough game to watch.  Cooper defense looked great first 18 minutes.  GRC running non stop wore them out.  Cooper offense would move the ball and failed to convert.  GRC made second half adjustments to run opposite Cooper Sophomore DE Austin Alexander.  Overall good showing for GRC.  

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

I need someone who follows these things more closely than I do to explain this result to me.  

I am right there with you.

55 minutes ago, theguru said:

Cooper isn't very good. 🤷‍♀️

I don't think this is the answer. Although I will say the Cooper offense needs work. (Obviously)

• Like 1

In the first half Cooper got inside the 20 and had a big penalty to stall the drive. Then Cooper their next drive has a receiver that drops a deep pass at the 15 yard line on third down. The very next play GRC blocks the punt and takes it back for a touchdown to go up 7 to 0 in the second quarter. 

Same score GRC has the ball and 4th and 6. They run a fake punt and get the first down and run it all the way inside the red zone on that fake punt. They score a few players later to go up 14 to 0 at half. 

Second half Cooper had another drive stall out inside the 15. While GRC offense came a live some in the second half and had two long drives that ended in touchdowns to get to the final score of 28 to 0. 

Very good win by GRC, as they were the team that was making the plays that needed to be made to win the game tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JUGGSPORTS said:

Really tough game to watch.  Cooper defense looked great first 18 minutes.  GRC running non stop wore them out.  Cooper offense would move the ball and failed to convert.  GRC made second half adjustments to run opposite Cooper Sophomore DE Austin Alexander.  Overall good showing for GRC.  

Love seeing you around on here again @JUGGSPORTS.

• Like 1