Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County vs. Newport Central Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Campbell County
      53%
      15
    • Newport Central Catholic
      46%
      13

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Predictions/Updates.  Who wins and why.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • CCHS Seniors

  • This is pretty cool.

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    I don't believe so...unless New Cath has set something up. Holy Cross (whose home field is at Thomas More) was livestreaming via someone's phone for most of last season.

Posted Images

Newport Central Catholic 30

Campbell County 14

New Cath will be hosting at Thomas More University.

This is round two of Birds vs. Birds with Coach Lickert taking on Coach Weinrich for a second time. Lickert is currently 1-0 over Weinrich.

I am predicting a CC win Friday night vs the Breds! I am looking forward to what should be a good season for the Camels. 

12 hours ago, vballcoach said:

I am predicting a CC win Friday night vs the Breds! I am looking forward to what should be a good season for the Camels. 

I am not asking for any bad reason and I am happy that this should be a good season for the Camels, but what makes you feel they will be vastly improved over last season?  NCC is a year older and I would think has matured over last year with several skill position players returning.  

1 hour ago, cincyswords said:

I am not asking for any bad reason and I am happy that this should be a good season for the Camels, but what makes you feel they will be vastly improved over last season?  NCC is a year older and I would think has matured over last year with several skill position players returning.  

I am in by no means an expert on either team but I did watch this matchup last season and am familiar with many on both rosters. Both teams have a bunch of returners which is great for both teams. I would say the player that sticks out to me the most for the Camels is #5. He was out due to injury in this matchup last season. That will be a matchup nightmare for the Breds D. With N. Smith back at QB and Hill and Bowens back at WR and RB respectively (I think), the camels should be improved on offense. 

The Breds have a bunch of core guys back as well. Not sure they have a true game changer anywhere on Offense but K. Smith has a year under his belt. If he can avoid turnovers, the Breds can come away with the victory. 

CCHS Seniors

FB_IMG_1660845401393.jpg

This is pretty cool.

cool.jpg

Whenever it seems a 1A school isn't destined for an exceptional season, I'll always side with the 6A school in a matchup. Yes the 1A school pulls off the win from time to time, including NCC over CC pretty recently, but more often the bigger school will prevail. 

In 2020 a 2-6 Campbell Co. team sent Pikeville home with one of only 2 regular season losses. Wins against competition in significantly higher classes should earn more praise than it usually does. 

Campbell County with a new head coach this season, as well as a new offensive scheme.  I'm optimistic that we'll see a much improved Camel team this year.  Eager to see Nate Smith lead the offense.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.