Campbell County vs. Newport Central Catholic Predictions/Updates

RetiredFan

Who wins?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Campbell County
    • Newport Central Catholic

• theguru changed the title to Campbell County at Newport Central Catholic Predictions/Updates
  • theguru changed the title to Campbell County vs. Newport Central Catholic Predictions/Updates
12 hours ago, vballcoach said:

I am predicting a CC win Friday night vs the Breds! I am looking forward to what should be a good season for the Camels. 

I am not asking for any bad reason and I am happy that this should be a good season for the Camels, but what makes you feel they will be vastly improved over last season?  NCC is a year older and I would think has matured over last year with several skill position players returning.  

1 hour ago, cincyswords said:

I am not asking for any bad reason and I am happy that this should be a good season for the Camels, but what makes you feel they will be vastly improved over last season?  NCC is a year older and I would think has matured over last year with several skill position players returning.  

I am in by no means an expert on either team but I did watch this matchup last season and am familiar with many on both rosters. Both teams have a bunch of returners which is great for both teams. I would say the player that sticks out to me the most for the Camels is #5. He was out due to injury in this matchup last season. That will be a matchup nightmare for the Breds D. With N. Smith back at QB and Hill and Bowens back at WR and RB respectively (I think), the camels should be improved on offense. 

The Breds have a bunch of core guys back as well. Not sure they have a true game changer anywhere on Offense but K. Smith has a year under his belt. If he can avoid turnovers, the Breds can come away with the victory. 

Whenever it seems a 1A school isn't destined for an exceptional season, I'll always side with the 6A school in a matchup. Yes the 1A school pulls off the win from time to time, including NCC over CC pretty recently, but more often the bigger school will prevail. 

In 2020 a 2-6 Campbell Co. team sent Pikeville home with one of only 2 regular season losses. Wins against competition in significantly higher classes should earn more praise than it usually does. 

• Like 1