Kentucky at Gonzaga (11/20)

GOREDDEVILS

31 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

How many Power 5 Teams have gone into Spokane to play Gonzaga in the last 5 years? I don't follow them enough to know but always thought they had trouble getting bigger games scheduled there.

Believe UNC did a few years ago. I assume some of the NW schools have (eg. Washington)? Not many. Memphis (under Cal) user to have a good rivalry with the Zags.

15 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

How many Power 5 Teams have gone into Spokane to play Gonzaga in the last 5 years? I don't follow them enough to know but always thought they had trouble getting bigger games scheduled there.

2021- #5 Texas

2019- UNC

2018- Texas A&M

2017- #25 Creighton

2016- Washington

2015- #19 Arizona ; UCLA

• Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Kentucky at Gonzaga (11/20)
1 hour ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Kentucky will play Gonzaga at Spokane arena and not at McCarthey Athletic Center. The  MAC is also known as the kennel. The kennel seats a little over 6,000. Spokane arena seats over 12,000.

Maybe not a neutral setting, but a neutral court.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Maybe not a neutral setting, but a neutral court.

Kentucky is still making the trip to Spokane and I think the extra 6,000 will make up for the loss of the student section. Which I’d say there will still be some kind of student section.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 10:50 AM, bugatti said:

If someone can help me out here, I am considering going to this game. However, tickets are not yet on sale nor does the game show up on either UK or Gonzaga's schedule... any ideas?

Still working out the details.  I'm trying to purchase prerelease tickets for the UK game against Michigan State in Indy.  Those are supposednto go on sale to the general public in about 4 weeks.  I'd expect a similar time frame for the Gonzaga game.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 9:50 AM, bugatti said:

If someone can help me out here, I am considering going to this game. However, tickets are not yet on sale nor does the game show up on either UK or Gonzaga's schedule... any ideas?

On 9/1/2022 at 10:02 AM, sportsfan41 said:

Still working out the details.  I'm trying to purchase prerelease tickets for the UK game against Michigan State in Indy.  Those are supposednto go on sale to the general public in about 4 weeks.  I'd expect a similar time frame for the Gonzaga game.  

This is still bothering the heck out of me. You would think college basketball team's schedules would be set by now, but they apparently are not. UK, for example, has only 26 games on their schedule. 31 games is the norm.

9 hours ago, bugatti said:

This is still bothering the heck out of me. You would think college basketball team's schedules would be set by now, but they apparently are not. UK, for example, has only 26 games on their schedule. 31 games is the norm.

Yeah I'm not exactly sure what the deal is.  We were trying to buy pre sale tickets for the game on November 15th against Michigan state, and put in a request and were told we would hear something by the end of September and still have it.  I figured even if we didn't get them or weren't able to for whatever reason we would probably hear something back.

UK and Gonzaga announced this year's game will be part of a six game series between the two squads. As I earlier mentioned, when Cal was at Memphis the Tigers and Bulldogs had a decent little annual rivalry going.

2022: Spokane
2023: Lexington
2024: Seattle
2025: Nashville
2026: Lexington
2027: Spokane

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bugatti said:

UK and Gonzaga announced this year's game will be part of a six game series between the two squads. As I earlier mentioned, when Cal was at Memphis the Tigers and Bulldogs had a decent little annual rivalry going.

LOL

4 hours ago, bugatti said:

The 2027 game is at their on campus arena that just seats about 6,000.