Graves County - 2022 Schedule

Aug 19 vs. Mayfield
Aug 26 at Paducah Tilghman
Sep 2 at McCracken County
Sep 9 vs. Bullitt East
Sep 16 vs. Grayson County (District)
Sep 23 at Breckinridge County (District)
Sep 30 at Ohio County (District)
Oct 7 - BYE
Oct 14 at Owensboro (District)
Oct 21 vs. Muhlenberg County (District)
Oct 28 vs. Marshall County

FRX76BYWUAAwUKF.jpg

• Thanks 1

Pretty much the same start as always except for Bullitt East.  Graves always plays Mayfield, McCracken, and PT in the first few weeks of the season.  When Murray dropped them a few years ago they had to find a game and Bullitt East happened to be looking for one as well.

59 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Does Graves have a chance against Owensboro this year?

They lost a lot of players that will be hard to replace but return some really nice players.  They will be young upfront and have a really good Sophomore class.  I believe that Owensboro should be preseason top 3 in 5A.  I'm sure South Warren will be #1 and Douglass #2 but Owensboro is going to be very good next year and honestly might be a favorite to win it all. But in football and a long season who knows what can happen and anybody can have an off night and get beat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zoneblitz24 said:

Pretty much the same start as always except for Bullitt East.  Graves always plays Mayfield, McCracken, and PT in the first few weeks of the season.  When Murray dropped them a few years ago they had to find a game and Bullitt East happened to be looking for one as well.

That was a heck of a game between Graves and Bullitt East last year.  I mean if you like offense.  48-46 Graves Co.  BE out gained Graves 480-433.  Difference in the game, in my opinion, was two missed xp and a missed fg by BE.  That and a big pick 6 for Graves County for a TD.  I think a return of around 50 yards.  BE returns more of their production than Graves but that's a long haul.  Should be another good one.  I would like to go see it myself but again....that's a long haul. 

33 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

That was a heck of a game between Graves and Bullitt East last year.  I mean if you like offense.  48-46 Graves Co.  BE out gained Graves 480-433.  Difference in the game, in my opinion, was two missed xp and a missed fg by BE.  That and a big pick 6 for Graves County for a TD.  I think a return of around 50 yards.  BE returns more of their production than Graves but that's a long haul.  Should be another good one.  I would like to go see it myself but again....that's a long haul. 

Graves was without a couple of key starters that played on both sides of the ball that game due to Covid but it was a track meet style game that's for sure.

On 5/10/2022 at 12:58 PM, zoneblitz24 said:

They lost a lot of players that will be hard to replace but return some really nice players.  They will be young upfront and have a really good Sophomore class.  I believe that Owensboro should be preseason top 3 in 5A.  I'm sure South Warren will be #1 and Douglass #2 but Owensboro is going to be very good next year and honestly might be a favorite to win it all. But in football and a long season who knows what can happen and anybody can have an off night and get beat.

Good info in there ZB, but IMO South Warren will not be #1, as they lost WAY too much for that.

18 hours ago, Purple88 said:

Good info in there ZB, but IMO South Warren will not be #1, as they lost WAY too much for that.

I agree with you about South Warren but sometimes the defending champ is voted #1 until proven otherwise.  FD has the most talent but you can say that the last 4 years but I believe Owensboro is one of the top teams to win it all this year.  Graves is a very good program with a good culture and coaches who do a lot with the talent they have but year in and year out they just do not have the horses that some of the top programs in 5A have.  When Graves has some talent they always seem to get the maximize it which to me proves good coaching. 

• Like 1