Is Meeks the best Freshman in this UK class?

pigman

I have said from the get go he is my favorite. Also, I am a Joe Crawford fan, but I'm starting to have the same opinion as someothers on here that he is overated, and I think Meeks should be getting more of his minutes.

I have said from the get go he is my favorite. Also, I am a Joe Crawford fan, but I'm starting to have the same opinion as someothers on here that he is overated, and I think Meeks should be getting more of his minutes.

I do think Meeks is the best player in this freshman class. He is without a doubt the most physically prepared body-wise of the freshman class which gives him a huge advantage this year over say, a Perry Stevenson.

As far as the Crawford statement I am with you, I am a huge Joe fan but every game he just keeps making me think that he is turning out to be a huge bust.

I'm not so sure Meeks is the best of the Freshman. I agree that he is physically better prepared for the college game. I still think Jasper will and has had a bigger impact.
I think that is a fair statement. Since Jasper has been inserted into the starting lineup, UK has improved tremendously with their turnovers and overall flow on offense, and it has helped Ramel moving over to the 2 spot.

Meeks has been a great spark off the bench, and a perfect fit for that role at this stage in his career. He will be a fine college basketball player though. I am still holding out hope that once Perry Stevenson is able to physically develop and have an off-season to improve, he will be a tough force on the interior.

I'm not so sure Meeks is the best of the Freshman. I agree that he is physically better prepared for the college game. I still think Jasper will and has had a bigger impact.

So far this year Jasper has had a bigger impact but Meeks hasn't quite got the minutes that Jasper has been seeing since he has been inserted into the starting line-up. I think come March we may be looking at Meeks as our #2 option on offense if Bobby and Joe continue to struggle.

So far this year Jasper has had a bigger impact but Meeks hasn't quite got the minutes that Jasper has been seeing since he has been inserted into the starting line-up. I think come March we may be looking at Meeks as our #2 option on offense if Bobby and Joe continue to struggle.

You very well may be right, but I'm hoping you're wrong. I really like the confidence that Meeks possesses and my hope is that Jasper will look to shoot more from the perimeter. If nothing else, just to keep teams honest. Eventually he is going to have to become a scoring threat from outside or we will be in major trouble as the season wears on.

Jasper no question. However, Meeks has been the most invigorating to see come off of the bench. Should be a huge role player later on. The cats are killing me to watch. I moved to Kentucky to see this???

I hope not. I hope you had a better reason for moving than watching the hoops team...:lol:

Its a close one between Jasper and Meeks. They both bring different things to the table that the team needs. Meeks has definitely been great scoring off the bench, while Jasper has helped to get the team running the offense and getting out in transition as evidenced by his long outlet passes, where Ramel would just pound the ball when he was starting. It could be argued that Meeks is better though, b/c he is the one that is in the game at the end of ball games, while Jasper is the one sitting. I am just glad to have both of them!

Its a close one between Jasper and Meeks. They both bring different things to the table that the team needs. Meeks has definitely been great scoring off the bench, while Jasper has helped to get the team running the offense and getting out in transition as evidenced by his long outlet passes, where Ramel would just pound the ball when he was starting. It could be argued that Meeks is better though, b/c he is the one that is in the game at the end of ball games, while Jasper is the one sitting. I am just glad to have both of them!

I'll agree with you on the point of Meeks being in the game at the end. I know Jasper has struggled at the charity stripe, and has to improve in that area. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought he had started becoming more consistant there. I've missed the last couple games.

I think Jasper is the best of the class but Meeks isn't far behind, I like what both bring to the table.

They are both great players. Hopefully we can keep getting recruiting classes with these types of players in them.

Im happy with both of them. All 4 have been great, but those 2 have been more ready to play right away. The future looks bright for both players!

Jasper is slowly starting to score a little more, which makes him that much better, while Meeks brings in exactly what UK needs off the bench. A player who will get after it defensively, get the team a spark, and provide some offense.